News Anchor from KTLA mistakes Samuel L Jackson for Laurence Fishburne

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WARNING: This is the MOST PAINFUL interview we've ever watched -- an L.A. news anchor just mistook Samuel L. Jackson for Laurence Fishburne ... on live TV ... and Sam Jackson completely lost it.

Jackson was sitting for an interview about his new movie "RoboCop" this morning on KTLA -- and for some reason, Entertainment anchor Sam Rubin decided to ask Sam Jackson about his new Super Bowl commercial.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/10/samuel-l-jackson-laurence-fishburne-news-anchor-ktla/#ixzz2swwVQp3y

This is the commercial

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
hit him with the verbal version of .
204.gif

Daps
His apology:

“We start right now with the beauty and the occasional pain of live television. First and foremost, I do know who Samuel L. Jackson is. I’ve interviewed him several times over the years, but never quite like the conversation we just had.

“I indicated to Samuel that I’d seen him during the Super Bowl, and he thought that I had confused him with the commercial Laurence Fishburne had done for a car company. Of course a “Captain America” ad had also run during the Super Bowl, but I immediately felt so dumb, I didn’t bring that up — and he gave me the shellacking that was well deserved.

“I pride myself on the fact — that unlike a lot of people who do this kind of work — more often than not, I really do know what I’m talking about. But I didn’t 30 minutes ago, and I’m really embarrassed about it, and I very much apologize to Samuel L. Jackson and anyone else who was offended for what was a very amateur mistake.”

Daps
:russ:

From the response I thought Sam lost it...he actually handled it well. Handed him that ether and kept pressing as dude tried to sheepishly change the subject. :pachaha:

As a guy who has trouble distinguishing between fairly big white blond actress, I'm not even offended, but how are you an entertainment anchor and don't know the difference between Samuel L. Jackson and Laurence Fishburne? :mindblown:

Daps
His apology:

“We start right now with the beauty and the occasional pain of live television. First and foremost, I do know who Samuel L. Jackson is. I’ve interviewed him several times over the years, but never quite like the conversation we just had.

“I indicated to Samuel that I’d seen him during the Super Bowl, and he thought that I had confused him with the commercial Laurence Fishburne had done for a car company. Of course a “Captain America” ad had also run during the Super Bowl, but I immediately felt so dumb, I didn’t bring that up — and he gave me the shellacking that was well deserved.

“I pride myself on the fact — that unlike a lot of people who do this kind of work — more often than not, I really do know what I’m talking about. But I didn’t 30 minutes ago, and I’m really embarrassed about it, and I very much apologize to Samuel L. Jackson and anyone else who was offended for what was a very amateur mistake.”

His explanation actually makes more sense than an entertainment anchor...in L.A...mistaking Sam for Larry :ehh:

WheresWallace

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ:

From the response I thought Sam lost it...he actually handled it well. Handed him that ether and kept pressing as dude tried to sheepishly change the subject. :pachaha:

As a guy who has trouble distinguishing between fairly big white blond actress, I'm not even offended, but how are you an entertainment anchor and don't know the difference between Samuel L. Jackson and Laurence Fishburne? :mindblown:
:laff: Nah, its a difference when its your ACTUAL JOB to know who is who...at least google the person 15mins before the interview...

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Jackson: 'I'm not Laurence Fishburne!'
  • Samuel L. Jackson took a Los Angeles entertainment reporter to task Monday after the reporter appeared to confuse the actor for Laurence Fishburne.
  • "You're as crazy as the people on Twitter. I'm not Laurence Fishburne!" Jackson said during a live TV interview. "We don't all look alike. We may be all black and famous, but we all don't look alike. You're busted."

The outburst momentarily stunned CNN affiliate KTLA's Sam Rubin, who had asked Jackson what the reaction was to his Super Bowl commercial.

"What Super Bowl commercial?" Jackson replied.

Rubin looked off camera, confused. He immediately owned up to the mistake, but Jackson dug in.

"You're the entertainment reporter for this station and you don't know the difference between me and Laurence Fishburne? That must be a very short line for your job outside there," he said.

Rubin apologized repeatedly, at one point slapping himself in the face in jest. Jackson kept the mood light.

"I'm the other guy," he said. "There's more than one black guy doing a commercial. I'm the 'What's in your wallet?' black guy. He's the car black guy. Morgan Freeman is the other credit card black guy. You only hear his voice, though, so you probably won't confuse him with Laurence Fishburne."

Rubin later issued a more formal apology.

"I indicated to Samuel that I'd seen him during the Super Bowl, and he thought that I had confused him with the commercial Laurence Fishburne had done for a car company. Of course a 'Captain America' ad had also run during the Super Bowl, but I immediately felt so dumb, I didn't bring that up -- and he gave me the shellacking that was well deserved," the reporter said.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/10/showbiz/samuel-l-jackson-ktla/

:dead:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
nikka tried to cover the bases with that

Bruh, we know you thought he was Furious, from Boyz in the Hood...Stop with the whole Captain America crap. Tryin to make it seem like you were talking about the Capt America commerical. You goofed and it really wasn't that big a deal...He really didn't even NEED to issue a written apology