NFL Players Scanned For 2K Eco-Motion? EA's exclusive NFL License is up in 2014

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Ea will do anything to keep 2k out. I'm sure it's def cheaper paying the nfl all that money and putting out the same game year after year than actually competing with 2k
For 2k to compete with madden though they would need an aggressive ass marketing strategy to get their name out.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Yeah, the gameplay was there, but you def need the license (at least the players license which i think is very attainable).

Gameplay was good but as you can tell it was a rich port from 2k5.
Ea will do anything to keep 2k out. I'm sure it's def cheaper paying the nfl all that money and putting out the same game year after year than actually competing with 2k
For 2k to compete with madden though they would need an aggressive ass marketing strategy to get their name out.

The following is already there online. EA actually made the game franchise more popular than it was previously.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
They dont need to compete with madden. Madden is a powerhouse nowadays. Some kids dont even know 2k ever even made football. They should just put out a solid game and hope the people of the community make it happen for them. Which is more than likely

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They dont need to compete with madden. Madden is a powerhouse nowadays. Some kids dont even know 2k ever even made football. They should just put out a solid game and hope the people of the community make it happen for them. Which is more than likely
it's 2k... all they gotta do is drop the name

from the makers of nba 2k14 comes....................................

then start dropping all videos and screenshots of the game

are we forgetting how ahead of it's time 2k5 was?? nikkas had espn weekly reviews.. at the desk.. showing highlights from games around the league.. had the halftime show that was kinda the same... the graphics blew madden out the water

i know everyone won't know or remember this... but just like live vs 2k14... i'm pretty sure madden vs 2k15 football would be a murder scene for madden. they'll win on sales... at first... but i'd give it about 2-3 years of steady comp before they got blown out the water in ratings and fan scores

lets not forget why this all happened in the first place... 2k dropped that 19.99 2k game and ea tried to sue them they was so scared... then went and spent millions on millions to shut them out of comp. then look what happened to live in that short amount of time. ea been running shyt since lakers vs bulls on genesis and got ran out the game so bad, they don't even mention live as a real option for a basketball game anymore

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
I thought 2k5 was $39.99 when it initially dropped? In any event I completely agree. EA was completely outclassed at that point and had to take drastic action. I was really upset with the nfl for allowing such a scumbag move in the first place. I just can't rock with Madden. I've picked up a few iterations over the years and the result is always the same, frisbee. I really hope these rumors are true. However, I won't allow myself to be swept up in hype until an official announcement is made.

Edit - You were right, it was $19.99. Game was too dope.

Last edited:
Daps
I`d say if 2k were to come out with football again, gotta be at a lower price point than Madden and totally capitalize on the brand recognition of the NBA2k and like some said, drop those real screen shots and gameplay that would truly set it apart from Madden.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I`d say if 2k were to come out with football again, gotta be at a lower price point than Madden and totally capitalize on the brand recognition of the NBA2k and like some said, drop those real screen shots and gameplay that would truly set it apart from Madden.
Why should it be lower it can't possibly be worse and at this point they are established enough. The problem is sheep that just buy madden regardless. Even when 2k was out there were clowns who stuck with madden complained about it but never made the switch. As a consumer you vote with your dollars why would you be loyal to a brand that doesnt serve your best interests? It pains me to not have played a football game in years but what madden did was unforgivable to me as a consumer. I broke down and bought madden 25 but couldn't bring myself to play it just sold it... I know I'm one person but I can't be part of the problem :yeshrug:

Daps
I broke down and bought madden 25 but couldn't bring myself to play it just sold it... I know I'm one person but I can't be part of the problem :yeshrug:

If you bought it at all, then you added to what you call "the problem".

I bought it too, twice! (one on 360 one on Ps4) and I sold both. But I resell almost every game I ever purchase.