NFL sends letter to NFL teams saying replacement refs will start season

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Most NFL refs have 9 to 5's breh. It is a part time job to them in which they make 6 figures.

Uh...no it isn't.

Read the NY Times article I posted.

They are well compensated for officiating, with the average pay for officials last year at $149,000, with first-year officials making an average of $78,000. Still, they spend more time on officiating that most fans realize. They are graded each week by the league office and by the much harsher court of public opinion. One official said he spent 10 hours a week studying just to stay on top of rules. Even now, while they are locked out, the regular officials are circulating four-hour tapes and tests — that take five hours to complete — to prepare. They are having weekly conference calls to discuss rules changes.

I don't know where you got that 9 to 5 thing from.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Uh...no it isn't.

Read the NY Times article I posted.

They are well compensated for officiating, with the average pay for officials last year at $149,000, with first-year officials making an average of $78,000. Still, they spend more time on officiating that most fans realize. They are graded each week by the league office and by the much harsher court of public opinion. One official said he spent 10 hours a week studying just to stay on top of rules. Even now, while they are locked out, the regular officials are circulating four-hour tapes and tests — that take five hours to complete — to prepare. They are having weekly conference calls to discuss rules changes.

I don't know where you got that 9 to 5 thing from.

The article clearly says they are part time employees with other careers breh. And 10 hours a week of work breh? Seriously breh? :what:

NYC Rebel

Daps
The article clearly says they are part time employees with other careers breh. And 10 hours a week of work breh? Seriously breh? :what:
:ohhh:

:guilty:

You're right.

At the end of the day, I see that the NFL's real issue is tied to wanting to pay them 401K's rather than guaranteed pensions.

Makes sense they're lock and step with the commissioner who is the son of a Republican politician.

Ashyneezz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
To the folks saying "they'll get it by week 4" or "they'll get better as the season progresses" I hope your teams get screwed until these refs learn the NFL game :pacspit:

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
I ain't even gonna lie, I'll take these replacement refs if they give us back NFL Films. :hmm:

:pacspit: Jeff Tripplette hope he never comes back.

calh45

Cal
Daps
I can't really blame Goodell for this. This is the owners. I'll roast Goodell over the excessive suspensions and how he tried to bribe the Saints to drop the lawsuit, but this is the owners being greedy. They locked out the players claiming they needed more money then RIGHT AFTER locked out the refs. Between shyt like this and the punk ass decisions of the competition committees they're taking the juice outta their own fukking sport.

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
did anyone see the Giants pats game last night??! :russ: :laugh: :pachaha: :lolbron: son.. them nikkaz literally took 7 attempts to get a call right i mean dude was stuttering on the P.A. system.. had other refs shouting the correct call to him.. jus a damn disgrace :snoop:

NYC Rebel

Daps
did anyone see the Giants pats game last night??! :russ: :laugh: :pachaha: :lolbron: son.. them nikkaz literally took 7 attempts to get a call right i mean dude was stuttering on the P.A. system.. had other refs shouting the correct call to him.. jus a damn disgrace :snoop:

that shyt had me in TEARS!!! I had to create a stand alone thread for it, it was so bad.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I like the new refs

Atleast none of them have a grudge against my team like some of the old refs

Yea they fukking up right now but they are new,they will improve just like anybody else at any other job

Plus I just like that we been getting alot of bullshyt calls in our favor that the old refs never gave us so I'm good :manny:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk the NFL for this...

and while I'm here fukk the NFL for making the Sunday Ticket DirecTV exclusive!

Greedy fukkers...I'm still gonna watch and buy the Sunday Ticket on PS3 :sadcam:

How much does it cost on the ps3 ? I been contemplating this but I work 12-4 Sunday so:sadbron: