NFL Week 11: What have we learned

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Chiefs and Maholmes are experiencing what happens when you win a lot. There's gonna be a talent drain and a brain drain.

Losing Hill was big, but losing Bienemy to me is just as big. That offense isn't as creative as it once was.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Losing Hill was big, but losing Bienemy to me is just as big. That offense isn't as creative as it once was.
200w.gif

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Chiefs and Maholmes are experiencing what happens when you win a lot. There's gonna be a talent drain and a brain drain.

I thought Reid did the actual play calling tho.

The main problem is they just don't have the talent at WR. It's really Kelce and that's it.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I mean, Reid said Bienemy was making the play calls. Seems like a majority of ppl refused to believe it though. Which is why he had to go to Washington.
Oh. Yeah ok. I didn't know he said that. Yeah the narrative was that he didn't call the plays.

c00n McCoy said he didn't. Smdh

It wouldn't matter who calls the plays when you WRs are trash tho

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dameon Pierce didn't play today, and for the 2nd week in a row Devin Singletary ran for 100 yards and a touchdown.

Pierce came out of nowhere last season to be an absolute force. And it already looks like he's done in Houston. His ceiling is limited to begin with because he's not a viable pass catcher out of the backfield. And if he can't bully his way at the line of scrimmage, there's no use for him.

Given that CJ Stroud has impressed with his ability to read defenses as a rookie, the logical move is to give him a dynamic RB who can put pressure on linebackers in the passing game.

I'll admit this might seem premature and hyperbolic, but I just don't see anything Pierce excels at to the point Houston needs him.
So this was from November 19, 2023.

Since then:

vs JAC -- 5 carries, 14 yards
vs DEN -- 15 carries, 41 yards, 1 TD
vs NYJ -- 4 carries, 9 yards
vs TEN -- 1 carry, 3 yards

This is surreal. Dameon Pierce ran for 939 yards last season in 13 games.

How is it that two running backs that were ran out of Buffalo (Devin Singletary and Zack Moss) are both having way, way better seasons than Pierce?
Talk about a letdown.