Reppin
Duval County

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Y'all put too much stock into trying to make a non-QB the best player in football.

Taylor isn't having a better season than Brady, and if Henry didn't get hurt he wouldn't be having a better season than him either.

MVP doesn't mean best player (if it did, then Aaron Donald should win the award). It means most valuable to his team's success. Historically, no position is valued more than a QB. But, no matter how good a QB is, at the end of the day his success literally depends on everybody else's around him.

Brady is barely having a better year than Matt Stafford, who was leading the MVP race until Tennessee stomped the Rams. If Stafford lights up Arizona, he's right back in the conversation. Hell, based on numbers Kirk Cousins would be having a MVP year if the Vikings' record was better. Brady is playing spectacularly, but he's not doing anything at a level well beyond what others at his position are doing. He's just doing this shyt at an age nobody has before.

The Indianapolis Colts, after starting 1-4 (and don't come over here about this record because Derek Carr was the MVP leader after the first month of the season) have won 6 of their last 8 games. You can look directly at Jonathan Taylor's numbers and see that they have significantly increased during that span of success.

They've got the Patriots and the Cardinals up next among other teams. If Taylor really cuts it on, runs through them on his way to crossing 2,000 rushing yards and 20-something TDs AND Indy wins the rest of its games, he SHOULD easily be the MVP. That doesn't mean he will get the award, though.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
MVP doesn't mean best player (if it did, then Aaron Donald should win the award). It means most valuable to his team's success. Historically, no position is valued more than a QB. But, no matter how good a QB is, at the end of the day his success literally depends on everybody else's around him.

Brady is barely having a better year than Matt Stafford, who was leading the MVP race until Tennessee stomped the Rams. If Stafford lights up Arizona, he's right back in the conversation. Hell, based on numbers Kirk Cousins would be having a MVP year if the Vikings' record was better. Brady is playing spectacularly, but he's not doing anything at a level well beyond what others at his position are doing. He's just doing this shyt at an age nobody has before.

The Indianapolis Colts, after starting 1-4 (and don't come over here about this record because Derek Carr was the MVP leader after the first month of the season) have won 6 of their last 8 games. You can look directly at Jonathan Taylor's numbers and see that they have significantly increased during that span of success.

They've got the Patriots and the Cardinals up next among other teams. If Taylor really cuts it on, runs through them on his way to crossing 2,000 rushing yards and 20-something TDs AND Indy wins the rest of its games, he SHOULD easily be the MVP. That doesn't mean he will get the award, though.
thats just the narrative. there is literally nothing a non qb can do to get the award in my opinion. decade ago non qbs were getting the award and historically the qb should still be valued. some qbs should be out of the convo with some of the performances they have had. Stafford threw pick 6s in 3 weeks in a row and his team lost all 3 of those games and you telling me he can put himself back in the conversation? But Taylor cant? Thats terrible IMO.

Chip Skylark

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Y'all put too much stock into trying to make a non-QB the best player in football.

Taylor isn't having a better season than Brady, and if Henry didn't get hurt he wouldn't be having a better season than him either.

This is fact!!!

and the fact Brady is putting up these numbers at 44 is ridiculous. I mean he’s literally putting up better numbers than every other QB by a good margin. It’s not even about who I feel is deserving of it but knowing how the system works HE WILL GET IT

There will probably never be another non-Qb to win the award unless they really break every record and carry his team to the playoffs

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

MVP is always whose having the best individual season on one of the best teams. Bucs have a better record, beat the Colts H2H (Taylor wasn't even the best runningback in that game), Brady has better stats, Brady is the most important player on the Bucs (ask Jameis), the Bucs are leading their division.

Cut it out. :mjlol:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This is fact!!!

and the fact Brady is putting up these numbers at 44 is ridiculous. I mean he’s literally putting up better numbers than every other QB by a good margin. It’s not even about who I feel is deserving of it but knowing how the system works HE WILL GET IT

There will probably never be another non-Qb to win the award unless they really break every record and carry his team to the playoffs

I think we can get a non-QB winning it if they just adjust the rules. They've entertained the idea of not giving QBs stats for YAC, and things of that nature.

But it's simply a fact that the QB has the most impact on the game, it's just how it was designed. Aaron Donald will never impact the game consistently as much as a QB. Crown him all you want, but that's just the truth.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
thats just the narrative. there is literally nothing a non qb can do to get the award in my opinion. decade ago non qbs were getting the award and historically the qb should still be valued. some qbs should be out of the convo with some of the performances they have had. Stafford threw pick 6s in 3 weeks in a row and his team lost all 3 of those games and you telling me he can put himself back in the conversation? But Taylor cant? Thats terrible IMO.

Stafford can get back in the convo, yeah. Because he's a QB for a playoff team. To me, the conversation should end with Jonathan Taylor but because he's not a QB, he has to do more i.e. cross 2,000 rush yards while his team gets to the playoffs.

It's a fukked up game but non-QBs have to have all-time seasons just to get a sniff of the ballot.

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rodgers is not close to or will be MVP. Its Brady's to lose. Brady will have to play horrible the next few games to allow anyone to catch him.

How isn't Rodgers close to mvp he's been more consistent then Brady Brady has padded his stats when they played horrible teams but he's HD more bad games then rodgers

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Taylor is having a better season then Brady

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
How isn't Rodgers close to mvp he's been more consistent then Brady Brady has padded his stats when they played horrible teams but he's HD more bad games then rodgers

Because MVP comes down to stats and the current state of your team. Brady stats are way better than Rodgers and both team are prime contenders in the NFC. Again, Brady will win MVP easily unless he plays like Joe Webb the next 3 games.