Nick Wright "If you gave the Celtics Himmy Butler instead of Drakeson Tatum, Boston wins the title

Does Boston win the title with Jimmy instead of Jason

• Total voters

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I dunno how Spo and Riley do it but I think he could. I absolutely know Marcus’ flaws though. Spo and the Heat exploited his ego last game by inviting him to be the scorer in the 2nd half which led to our run.

But y’all are definitely less scary with Smart out, IMO.

Yupp you see how hard it is to fit Marcus Smart offensively and to calm down his ego. Every single team in the playoffs purposely leaves Marcus Smart open and every single time he takes the bait lol

Actually Celtics are more scary without Smart. Malcolm Brogdon with being the primary ball handler is 100x the better shooter than Smart, 100x the better playmaker than Smart, 100x the better BB IQ than Smart

Celtics offense are downright scary with Brogdon and Derrick White being primary ball handlers because there is no one to leave open for the opposing team, combined with their playmaking giving Tatum and Brown easy shots

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yupp you see how hard it is to fit Marcus Smart offensively and to calm down his ego. Every single team in the playoffs purposely leaves Marcus Smart open and every single time he takes the bait lol

Actually Celtics are more scary without Smart. Malcolm Brogdon with being the primary ball handler is 100x the better shooter than Smart, 100x the better playmaker than Smart, 100x the better BB IQ than Smart

Celtics offense are downright scary with Brogdon and Derrick White being primary ball handlers because there is no one to leave open for the opposing team, combined with their playmaking giving Tatum and Brown easy shots

I’m just telling you as an opposing fan. Brogdon and White are definitely better offensive players but I’m more scared of Smart. Y’all feel less threatening and resilient when he’s not out there.

Brogdon and White are food for Jimmy though so that’s probably why.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I’m just telling you as an opposing fan. Brogdon and White are definitely better offensive players but I’m more scared of Smart. Y’all feel less threatening and resilient when he’s not out there.

Brogdon and White are food for Jimmy though so that’s probably why.

"Being scary" doesn't win games. The 90s Knicks and Heat were "scary", did they win any titles?

And a lot of players are food for Jimmy, so not getting your point there :manny:

Glorious

All Star
Daps
What a dumb thing to say.
Oh if the Bucks had Butler instead of Middleton they would be still playing.:ohhh:
And oh wait a minute if the Knicks had two JBs instead of Grimes they would be finals bound.:patrice:

Who didn't know Butler was a superstar and monster playoff performance before this playoffs. You add him to any of the playoff rosters not named Heat and you have a title contender. It's not an gotcha moment.:martin:

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
1993 ECF

Michael-Jordan-vs-Xavier-McDaniel.png

2023 ECF

FwicgYSWcAAMP94

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jimmy Butler is a prime reason why nikkas sound like idiots talking about Jordan wouldn't have excelled in this era. Butler is 50% of what Jordan was and is dominating. I honestly thought Kawhi's 2019 run put all that nonsense to bed but, I still hear people (Bron stans) arguing it :heh:

Daps
Jimmy Butler is a prime reason why nikkas sound like idiots talking about Jordan wouldn't have excelled in this era. Butler is 50% of what Jordan was and is dominating. I honestly thought Kawhi's 2019 run put all that nonsense to bed but, I still hear people (Bron stans) arguing it :heh:
Who the fukk says MJ wouldn't have excelled in this era?

The debate has always been centered around y'all forcing outlandish claims like he'd average 50 ppg. He didn't do that in a faster paced era with weaker athletes and ABC defensive schemes, so there's no chance he'd do it today.