NieR Automata OT [PS4 | PC| XB1] NieRly had another exclusive

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The first game had a great story, graphic, and AMAZING soundtrack, but the gameplay was meh.

Platinum's bout to fix that though :youngsabo:
if the gameplay was like half as good as every thing else in that game it would have been a classic. The OST is one of the illest of all time low key

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
lCUYe7O.png

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Famitsu this week has first details on Square Enix and Platinum Games’ newly announced NieR project for PlayStation 4.
First, here are some tidbits from an interview with director Yoko Taro:
Is the world of this game tied to that of the previous game?
Yoko: “The setting is connected, but that doesn’t mean the story is connected. This game is set in the future, so it’s okay if you start with this game. Rather, people who played the previous game and come into this thinking it’s a sequel might be confused.”
Will characters from the previous game appear?
Yoko: “Not everyone, but some characters will appear. But not as core characters.”
What will the game’s CERO rating be?
Yoko: “We made the previous game with the intention of a B or C rating, but got a D. We’re making this one in hopes of getting an A, but…”
And some notes:
  • Weapon-based action is at the game’s core. There might also be some familiar shooting.
  • There’s a rotational element (360-degree camera view?), but it’s apparently different from the previous game.
  • Drakengard‘s familiar “Weapon Story” system will be in the game.
  • Development is 10 percent complete.
More details on NieR New Project are expected in the fall.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/06/nier-new-project-have-returning-characters#TfvmeF6uleY17K3y.99

JohnB

Pro
Daps
Couldn't finish the first cause the mediocre gameplay, The Story, Design and Music was really good though. It seems Platinum is going to fix the gamplay and make it playable.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
"NieR is like a puppy someone threw out."
image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Nier-PS4-3-Playable.jpg
Nier-PS4-3-Playable.jpg

NieR New Project will feature three playable characters, two of which we’ve already seen, director Yoko Taro confirmed during an E3 interview with GameSpot.
We’ve already seen two of them: the white-haired girl featured in the trailer and the small boy we see briefly standing atop a building. The third character has yet to be revealed.
“For this new NieR, we kept an action RPG mindset and thought, this time we want to hit out a great, high-level JRPG, so we’re going to stick to one character design,” producer Yosuke Saito said.
“Platinum is great at creating action games, and we’ve asked them to make things a little more simplified, slightly. At first I thought it was going to be a battle-heavy action game, but luckily for us, a lot of Platinum Games’ staff members really respect NieR and took it to heart, and understand the project.
“We’re really fortunate in that they essentially took the battle system and the game design of the original NieR and added Platinum Games-type elements on top of it to make this hybrid if you will. It’s not like it’s a completely new game, they really have respect for the previous game.”
Taro and Saito explained that the new game is focused on creating an original story within a game world, and won’t follow the narrative of the original. As confirmed in Weekly Famitsu, players can expect several NieR character cameos. While these kind of connections will be there, Taro emphasized that newcomers won’t feel alienated if they haven’t played the original, but returning players will enjoy the nods and easter eggs to the original game.
The original NieR had five different endings based on player choice, and that encouraged players to go back and play again. There was also one ending that, based on your choice, deletes your save file when the game comes to a close. This won’t be repeated in the new game. Maybe.
“We are going to maintain that multiple playthrough idea for the new project, but in terms of the save file deletion thing, we probably won’t do it, since we did it in the original one and want to do new things,” Taro explained. “But we will have multiple playthroughs involved. But you know… we’re still in early phases of development. Maybe we will delete you save files.”
Level design in the original game contained a mesh of different genres. The game was a third-person action RPG for the most part, but for some fights, the game would use a top-down perspective, side-on platformer perspective, or even shoot-em-up perspective. The new game likely won’t have the same genre mesh.
What NieR New Project will retain is the tone of the original game and the Drakengard series, its mature subject matter and approach to dialogue and presentation, and not shying away from violence and sexualization.
Drakengard was my first game as director, and we were actually told a lot by our advisory board to do retakes and make changes and honestly, I said, screw this, I’m not making another one,” Taro said.
“I thought, with NieR, I’m going to make a normal game. That’s what I tried to make, a normal game, though people think it’s very dark and somber. But for me, that’s normal.
“The way I look at original NieR is like your mom’s home cooking: it may not be the best, but it’s okay, you’re comfortable with it. Members of the media told me the original NieR is like a puppy someone threw out. It’s cute in a way, but there’s something wrong in a sense, and you can’t help but love it even though there’s something missing and you can’t put your finger on it.
“But now we’re working with Platinum Games, and with [Akihiko] Yoshida and [Keiichi] Okabe, and we feel we have these great ingredients now. Is it going to be too perfect? We have all these great chefs, if you will, working together, and now, is it going to be missing that thing that made it so endearing to our fans? But after thinking about it, we think, we’re just going to try it and see how it goes.”
A release date for the new NieR has not been announced. But whenever it does release, it will be in a single version. The original NieR released in two forms in Japan—NieR Replicant for PlayStation 3 and NieR Gestalt for Xbox 360. The former featured a younger, teenage protagonist geared towards Japanese audiences, while the latter a middle-aged protagonist geared towards western audiences. The latter was released as NieR for both platforms in North America and Europe, with Replicant never leaving Japan. Now, the developers believe the time has passed for treating each market so differently.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/06/nier-new-project-three-playable-characters#1QwWWhyesi8Edkgj.99

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
PS4 Exclusive NieR by PlatinumGames Gets More Artwork Showing a Giant Robot
event.gif
event.gif
getuid
pixel

m

Yesterday Square Enix surprised the world with the announcement of a new PS4 exclusive NieR directed by Yoko Taro in the works at PlatinumGames, and today the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has a new piece of artwork showing something quite interesting.
The art shows a giant robot in a ruined environment. The design is actually definitely interesting, leaning a bit on the steampunk-ish side, and it definitely seems to fit what we have seen so far. You can check it out below.
I sure wonder what kind of role this robot will have in the story.

Source: Weekly Famitsu

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Platinum Games shares new artwork.

Platinum Games has shared a new piece of NieR New Project concept art.

“A young boy stares out over a dilapidated city in this wonderful piece of concept art for #NieRNewProject,”