Nike 90's sneakerheads - drop in here.... FOUND THEM.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Trying to find a pair of Nike's I had back in the early 90's. They looked very similar to the Cortez (below), they were leather low top, came in quite a few solid colors (Royal Blue, Red, White, Black, and Green). They had the Nike Air wording/logo stitched on the back below where the white section is on the Cortez. I been all through Ebay and few Nike shoe history sites, can't find them.

men-s-nike-cortez-basic-nylon-shoes.jpg

EDIT: Found them, AIR Windrunner solids

Last edited:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Lookup Nike LD 1000, Nike Waffle or Nike Daybreak and see if thats it

Those are all very close, I even checked out the Tailwind, not the exact shoe though.

Very close, just not the stitched Nike Air logo on the back
Post them Air Max 90s breh :ufdup:

I looked them up too, they got the exact logo on the back but different from the Cortez design. I remember Air Max's and Jordan 5's and 6's were crazy popular back then.

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
@til november All very close, especially the 1st ones. I would say if the 2nd ones you posted came in a solid leather with the logo stitching on the back on your 3rd photo, that would be it. I looked up to see if they made Cortez Air's, couldn't find nothing. From what I can remember they looked very identical to the Cortez one. These had to come out around 90-92, I remember Dre's Chronic and UGK's Too Hard dropped.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
@til november All very close, especially the 1st ones. I would say if the 2nd ones you posted came in a solid leather with the logo stitching on the back on your 3rd photo, that would be it. I looked up to see if they made Cortez Air's, couldn't find nothing. From what I can remember they looked very identical to the Cortez one. These had to come out around 90-92, I remember Dre's Chronic and UGK's Too Hard dropped.
You should draw or sketch pic and post.

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
Best bet is hollywood wardrobe department for the movie The Wood (I think the younger characters one of them is wearing that shoe/similar) and Boyz N tha Hood (young doughboy is wearing a similar shoe if I'm correct but m failing to pull up any Google images to confirm this)