Nioh 2 | PS4 | Out Now

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Just downloaded this shyt from PS Plus I’m still doing the the tutorial but damn this shyt fire.

I’m not tied to only one Guardian Spirit can I switch between them?

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just downloaded this shyt from PS Plus I’m still doing the the tutorial but damn this shyt fire.

I’m not tied to only one Guardian Spirit can I switch between them?

Are you playing Nioh 2 or 1? I didn’t think the second game was on PS+

In N2 you eventually get the ability to have 2 guardian spirits equipped and can swap between them during combat

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Are you playing Nioh 2 or 1? I didn’t think the second game was on PS+

In N2 you eventually get the ability to have 2 guardian spirits equipped and can swap between them during combat
I’m playing Nioh 2. It was available from the monthly PS Plus game a few months ago. I glad I just add them and play them when I’m interested.

This game so far is exactly what I was looking for.

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’m playing Nioh 2. It was available for its the monthly PS Plus game a few months ago. I glad I just add them and play them when I’m interested.

This game so far is exactly what I was looking for.

Yeah I just beat it a couple weeks ago. First 100+ hour game on the PS5 for me.

The learning curve is super steep but once you find your go-to weapons and understand all the stats/gear systems it’s very satisfying to build up character.

This game doesn’t give a fukk about your feelings tho some sections will repeatedly fukk you up until you learn how to fight certain enemies :pachaha:

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud

The learning curve is super steep but once you find your go-to weapons and understand all the stats/gear systems it’s very satisfying to build up character.

This game doesn’t give a fukk about your feelings tho some sections will repeatedly fukk you up until you learn how to fight certain enemies :pachaha:

Yeah, Team Ninja games never gave a fukk about your feelings, just git gud.

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud

Damn, I wasn’t expecting the game to be this punishing. I’m struggling to get the timing on pressing R2 + O to stagger whatever this enemy is on the the first fukking mission LOL.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Damn, I wasn’t expecting the game to be this punishing. I’m struggling to get the timing on pressing R2 + O to stagger whatever this enemy is on the the first fukking mission LOL.

Which enemy are you talking about? They got that giant horse thing at the very beginning but it’s optional. Your fundamentals are on point if you can take it on tho.

I was stuck on that first Enki gorilla thing for like 90 minutes when I first started playing :pachaha: . Rest of the level took me forever shyt was like a 3 hour ordeal and I was mentally exhausted:skip:. After the first 2 story levels and some side quests tho I came back and beat the horse demon at the gate and the rest of the level much faster than that first playthrough

Watching weapon guides on YouTube really helped me pick a good weapon from the start and learn all my fundamentals. That Ki pulse shyt is super important so learn the pacing of your attacks and when to time it right for the perfect pulse cuz that stamina regen is clutch

Also don’t forget to use the yokai form for boss fights and really practice your pulse counters and yokai abilities in the dojo. You really gotta lab this game to get the most out of the combat

Waldo Geraldo Faldo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cloud
Which enemy are you talking about? They got that giant horse thing at the very beginning but it’s optional. Your fundamentals are on point if you can take it on tho.

I was stuck on that first Enki gorilla thing for like 90 minutes when I first started playing :pachaha: . Rest of the level took me forever shyt was like a 3 hour ordeal and I was mentally exhausted:skip:. After the first 2 story levels and some side quests tho I came back and beat the horse demon at the gate and the rest of the level much faster than that first playthrough

Watching weapon guides on YouTube really helped me pick a good weapon from the start and learn all my fundamentals. That Ki pulse shyt is super important so learn the pacing of your attacks and when to time it right for the perfect pulse cuz that stamina regen is clutch

Also don’t forget to use the yokai form for boss fights and really practice your pulse counters and yokai abilities in the dojo. You really gotta lab this game to get the most out of the combat
Yep, it is the Enki Gorilla and I’m trying to hit that burst counter at the right time against it.

I’m still at it though because I enjoy the mechanics of the game so much.

I definitely getting better against the ugly big head enemies. But this Gorilla cat is something else.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yep, it is the Enki Gorilla and I’m trying to hit that burst counter at the right time against it.

I’m still at it though because I enjoy the mechanics of the game so much.

I definitely getting better against the ugly big head enemies. But this Gorilla cat is something else.

Yeah that enki is just the tip of the iceberg too :lolbron: But once you understand attack patterns and really utilizing every tool you have in combat, each enemy type becomes easier. Biggest thing is understanding the pacing of your attacks while ki pulsing and your weapon’s combos/high damage moves

Also the kind of burst counter you have can differ depending on the type of guardian spirit you use so it’s definitely worth experimenting with and practicing in the dojo. The yokai summon will do an attack that you can practice your burst counters on