Nipsey Hussle Memorial Live on BET @ 1pm *livestream from CBS as well*

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the realest funerals I've ever witnessed on television they made my nikka Nip go out like the king that he is. Really showed you how in life the energy you put out is the energy you get back. My dude wasn't even the most popular rapper and still had the staples centre maxed out. He had the respect of the OG's. The young nikkaz need to take notes on this. I feel like after witnessing this we are definitely going to see a shift in hip hop. Just like brother Sam said if I die today I know I made the set proud nikka. Realest shyt ever said on a televised funeral shyt brought a nikka to tears on that. Also his lady handling it like a boss yo I'm sorry but that's why a black king needs a black queen and represented her man the right way.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
A lot of Black folks too and even those immersed within the culture probably didn't expect these reactions. Dope to see. Martyr.

I think nipsey is the 1st bi-product of the social media era/TMZ-esque television.

more celebrity deaths that get a push thru these avenues are gonna be huge affairs as well.

we know darn well that nbc, cbs, Obama & stevie wonder didn't know who nipsey hussle was until last week.

She was still shytting on him.
Talm about raising the kids alone...

Whilst it may be true its really not the place, it comes off like shes trying to score points.

its her son's funeral.

she can say whatever she wants.

Last edited:

RapExpert

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think nipsey is the 1st bi-product of the social media era/TMZ-esque television.

more celebrity deaths that get a push thru these avenues are gonna be huge affairs as well.

we know darn well that nbc, cbs, Obama & stevie wonder didn't know who nipsey hussle was until last week.

its her son's funeral.

she can say whatever she wants.
Xxx rip also died during this era

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Respect to the family, all the speeches were touching, Sam's was excellent, could have heard him speak a lot more, I hope we hear more from him, was insightful and you could tell how close they were. Lauren's was also powerful, she really loved him.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Xxx rip also died during this era

wierdo rapper with a ton of negative baggage, like bul just said.

and only the kids really knew who he was. to the point where I already kinda forgot about him. I mean, nipsey was no star either, but hes been around for a decade.

and even despite all that, they still gave XXX an AMA or something, just for being murdered. so yea, he benefited in his own way, as well.

Last edited:

LevelUp

🧞πŸͺ” π™π™π™š π™‚π™šπ™£π™žπ™š 𝙀𝙛 π™©π™π™š 𝙇𝙖𝙒π™₯ 🧞πŸͺ”
Daps
Send him away nicely.

YG though
....smmfh

Daps
i've watched it twice. not trying to be weird but this is a classic televised moment for hip hop. snoops been a part of a few of em....95 source awards speech, when he performed murder was the case on mtv. snoop an icon, god bless him and the Asghedoms

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC

I dunno, obama got kids who prolly bumped some nipsey in the white house at some point

plus I don't see this kinda reaction for just any celeb

I'm sure there was a lot of hype from people around it, but I think his was big because of
1. what he was doing musically and the connections he made there
2. what he was doing outside music, in other industries and the connections he was building there
3. his street rep and what he was doing to build his area out in LA

plus the fact of how he died, made it sudden, which makes reactions heightened even further, shyt was jarring for people on various levels.

this wouldn't have happened like this if he like OD'ed on lean or died after a long illness

you right about the news outlets and shyt like that tho. they just saw how big it was for our culture and glommed on for clout/ratings, as they usually do.

ill take it tho, it all made for nip to be sent off like a king

I aint even read or click on anything having to do with laura ingram and fox news tryna joke, and rappers shouldn't have wasted their time trying to call for any sort of apology or change there, that aint even a valid news channel so they weren't worth the acknowledgement. fox news is state run media for trump and nothing more