"No One Murdered over this Image" The Onion outdoes itself (NSFW)

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
It's still blatant disrespect when you know it is forbidden. It's like a woman walking into a mosque half naked. Sure she isn't required to cover but she would certainly be asked to leave.

You don't understand, and it's not forbidden.

Do you eat steak? If yes, well it's forbidden for hindus to eat it so why do you disrespect them?

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
They are religious people so they are by then most likely uneducated. Their beliefs in their fairy tales might cause violence to come upon you but I doubt it. All religions have streaks of violence but most have grown out of it.

Islam hasn't yet. It's still young.

:laugh: how many massacres at hindu/sikh/buddhist hands does it take to negate the idea that they've grown out of a "streak of violence"?

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You know I don't condone these killings at all but this comparison is flawed in that it isn't forbidden to depict these prophets/deities.

There is some merit to this point, but that precept is only for Muslims according to the Quran itself. I'm not saying it's a good idea to make images like that for provocative reasons, but at the same time, the idea that people in non-Muslim countries should be forced to adhere to those same precepts so they don't offend Muslims is going too far. Non-Muslims shouldn't have to have their own rights curtailed by Islam, just like non-Christians shouldn't have their rights to expression curtailed by Christians who might be offended by them and so on.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
There is some merit to this point, but that precept is only for Muslims according to the Quran itself. I'm not saying it's a good idea to make images like that for provocative reasons, but at the same time, the idea that people in non-Muslim countries should be forced to adhere to those same precepts so they don't offend Muslims is going too far.

Ask him if he eats cow.

wize fool

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You don't understand, and it's not forbidden.

Do you eat steak? If yes, well it's forbidden for hindus to eat it so why do you disrespect them?

Actually I don't eat meat. :manny:
But if I did, I wouldn't eat a steak in front of a Hindu. That would be pretty ignorant of me to do that purposely, with the intent of pissing them off. Can we at least agree the drawer of this picture and all the others are acting with the sole purpose of antagonizing people? I don't know too many people who eat steak just to upset Hindus.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
So you are in agreement that religions fuel violence? That's a big step for you. Welcome to the club.

no, I think identity splits and lack of social/political governance and liberalism fuels violence. What religious difference was there between Hutus and Tutsis?

And my point stands, if I went around provoking Hindus today and caught the wrong/organized person's eye I'd be lynched by tomorrow. The Onion doesn't know this because they don't have enough information

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Actually I don't eat meat. :manny:
But if I did, I wouldn't eat a steak in front of a Hindu. That would be pretty ignorant of me to do that purposely, with the intent of pissing them off. Can we at least agree the drawer of this picture and all the others are acting with the sole purpose of antagonizing people? I don't know too many people who eat steak just to upset Hindus.

no, I think identity splits and lack of social/political governance and liberalism fuels violence. What religious difference was there between Hutus and Tutsis?

And my point stands, if I went around provoking Hindus today and caught the wrong/organized person's eye I'd be lynched by tomorrow. The Onion doesn't know this because they don't have enough information

The Onion is satire. Always has been. Satire is important in social commentary.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps

??? the point of satire is to reveal some truth. My point is that the point behind their satire is not accurate. Nobody will get killed over this Onion image because nobody who doesn't understand the point is going to come across it

wize fool

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Sometimes satire can offend, friend. If we love everyone it would be best to avoid those things that we know can easily offend.

Besides, this picture was from the onion but you were comparing it to something from somewhere else.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
??? the point of satire is to reveal some truth. My point is that the point behind their satire is not accurate. Nobody will get killed over this Onion image because nobody who doesn't understand the point is going to come across it

I could blast this pic all over India and I guarantee you wouldn't see 200 Indians storming an embassy. This is fukking ridiculous. I haven't researched this story, but if the truth is that Lybians/Egyptians got pissed over a movie that maybe 200 Americans tops screened (rather than something deeper)... :merchant:

Rioting in the streets over a youtube video. :pachaha:

Straight idiot status.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
I could blast this pic all over India and I guarantee you wouldn't see 200 Indians storming an embassy. This is fukking ridiculous. I haven't researched this story, but if the truth is that Lybians/Egyptians got pissed over a movie that maybe 200 Americans tops screened (rather than something deeper)... :merchant:

Rioting in the streets over a youtube video. :pachaha:

Straight idiot status.

are you from here? Why are you changing the question from "no one murdered" to "storming an embassy"? nobody storms embassies in india. or anywhere else, usually

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
word? if I printed out this poster of ganesha right now and took a stroll around town what do you expect to happen?

are we expecting these dudes to be amused?

2ia3jv9.jpg

You sound proud.

:ld: