No one will ever convince me that people who just save their cash in zero risk savings account are dumb

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
While all my friends and associates were investing all their money in NFT's, digital currencies,SPAC startups etc, I just kept stashing and keeping that shyt
in my savings account

Most of the people I knew who caught the FOMO (fear of missing out) Virus have lost all their money and looking really dumb and depressed :mjcry:while my savings account continue to grow steadily and generate decent interest

Y'all can keep investing in the new trendy shyt if you want. I will stick to my no/low risk strategy. yeah yeah inflation, I don't care

Moral of the story is, sometimes boring and safe is good and responsible actually

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
While all my friends and associates were investing all their money in NFT's, digital currencies,SPAC startups etc, I just kept stashing and keeping that shyt
in my savings account

Most of the people I knew who caught the FOMO (fear of missing out) Virus have lost all their money and looking really dumb and depressed :mjcry:while my savings account continue to grow steadily and generate decent interest

Y'all can keep investing in the new trendy shyt if you want. I will stick to my no/low risk strategy. inflation be damned, I don't care:yeshrug:

Moral of the story is, sometimes boring and safe is good and responsible actually

a high yield savings account pays over 4% and involves ZERO risk, so u leaving all your money in a basic account making .0000001% interest annually is fundamentally retarded.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I keep mine in a high yield savings account, don't do shyt with it but collect interest

Is it the smartest maybe not but it's safe and boring just like I like it:yeshrug:It's worked out for me so far in life

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
There’s a lot of analysts I follow who are pulling most of their money out of stocks. All the metrics in the economy are terrible right now. But the CNBC types keep hyping up a soft landing. Layoffs, manufacturing down, consumer credit is tapped, real inflation is still really high. Playing it safe is smart.

Crypto and gold ain’t it. Even with the social media hype train they’re not doing that great

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
put it in treasuries, more tax benefits with the same or better rates. I put mine in vanguard funds or something like SGOV.
THere's also nothing wrong with palying it safe, but there's a way to maximize that approach. All these high yield savings bank do is the same thing, buy treasuries.

Last edited:

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
I keep mine in a high yield savings account, don't do shyt with it but collect interest

Is it the smartest maybe not but it's safe and boring just like I like it:yeshrug:It's worked out for me so far in life
Yes sir:salute:

I'm not playing glorified Russian roulette with my money

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It’s not dumb and neither is investing in those assets you mentioned. Fortune favors the bold. It’s all about balance. You aren’t getting rich hoarding most of your money in a savings account. Sorry.

S&P 500 grew over 80% in the last five years. :yeshrug:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
It’s not dumb and neither is investing in those assets you mentioned. Fortune favors the bold. It’s all about balance. You aren’t getting rich hoarding most of your money in a savings account. Sorry.

S&P 500 grew over 80% in the last five years. :yeshrug:

and it's damn near at an all time high right now.

Aprogressivone

Developers are the new Rockstars
Daps
Reppin
Prince George's, Maryland
in my savings account

Y'all can keep investing in the new trendy shyt if you want. I will stick to my no/low risk strategy. yeah yeah inflation, I don't care

Breh,

You almost have the right idea. NFT's, Digital Currencies/Crypto, SPAC, Startups is all bullshyt. Individual stock/Individual picks is bullshyt for the VAST majority of investors. If you want to go that route it should only be a smaller percentage of your portfolio. I have been in Crypto since 2013 btw though.

At the end of the day you have to pick your own aggressiveness level when it comes to investing. I want to clarify something. If 100% is in a high yield savings account/money market, or treasury bonds then you are most likely missing out on crazy returns and taking a HUGE L if you are not anywhere close to retirement age. You can get a low expense ratio index mutual fund or etf and just chill. Just like @ConPHIdential said, having money in an S&P 500 index would do wonders. I have the bulk of my money in this for example. Vanguard Mutual Fund Profile | Vanguard

The VTSAX is an index of the total stock market. If you are not close to retirement, zoom out and look at past crashes. Your money will come back eventually. As you get closer to retirement you should move more money into bonds or high yield accounts/money markets.

Use this simple Dave Ramsey calculator to see what you are missing out on from investing in a basic index fund vs just keeping it in a "savings account"

The reality is if a stock market crash happens are you are not just in individual stock picks, you will eventually be alright. If it never comes back, it doesn't matter anyway because entire country is fukked except for the ultra ultra elite.

Last edited:

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I spread my bread in to different things
  • Stock market, index funds (s&p 500 etc)
  • high yield savings account
  • side hustle business
  • emergency fund

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
in my savings account

High Yield savings account is the move. Don't get me wrong money market and IPOs can be invigorating...but it's RARE you hit the big time and most of those people had millions to burn already.

Marcus accounts are hitting for 5.40 APY right now. So tossing $50k in earns you around an extra $2500/year, in 20 years it doubles. Most people also keep adding to it year over year. So if you get it up to 200k that's 9 racks a year for doing nothing. At 250k because that's all you're insured for through FDIC so starting another account could be the move but considering most people's savings 250k plus is more than a nice nest egg. 500k if you're partner is on the account as well.

Daps
I will never let anybody risk my money to make themselves money when they not even willing to risk their own money. Mufukkas can be as bold as they wish when they have zero risk involved and will get paid either way. Buy a house, get a property manager, the fees are worth it, and when that asset hits a certain appreciation level sell and profit. Don't be greedy, don't try to be a flipper, take it one house at a time and you can eventually make enough money to where your money can fund your basic lifestyle just off high yield savings, cds, or any other low no risk options......never let a man that sounds like Alex Rodriguez convince you to let him access and have power of attorney over your accounts.......the game is rigged against the everyman......that's a fact