No thread on the Atlanta Monster? 1979-1981 serial killer of black children?

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
GOAT podcast.

I definitely think he did some of them but I find it hard to think one person could do that many. The CIA shyt though :dwillhuh:

Wayne Williams is a habitual liar. Even after all this time in prison, he’s still telling lies.

His story about the bridge has changed several times over the years.

I believe he killed Nathaniel Cater and Jimmy Ray Payne. But, I don’t think he killed all the kids.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Wayne Williams is a habitual liar. Even after all this time in prison, he’s still telling lies.

His story about the bridge has changed several times over the years.

I believe he killed Nathaniel Cater and Jimmy Ray Payne. But, I don’t think he killed all the kids.

I wonder how different it would’ve been if DNA was as popular as it became a decade or so later.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I've been listening to "Atlanta Monster"
And doing my own research on the case.

The podcast attempts to cast some doubt on if Wayne Williams did it, but after research it's easy to see information was left out of the podcast that indicates Wayne Williams was a murderer.

1. Dog hair fibers match 1 out of 130 dog types, just so happening to match his dog.

2. Hair analysis matches 1 out of 90 African American hair types

3. The rather unique carpet type his parents had was found on bodies.

4. They caught him on the bridge that night with a sketchy story.

5. Failed lie detector.

6. Multiple people say they saw him being into homosexual activity which he denies.

7. Eye witness accounts from 2 friends that saw they witnessed Wayne beat and choke his own father.

8. While Wayne is under surveillance he says to a friend that he wishes they'd just go ahead and arrest him instead of following him around all day .

(What person facing a murder charge would say something like that?)

9. His behavior while under suspicion, trying to lose cops following him.

10. While trying to get out of prison he talks about being a secretly CIA trained junior agent. The last thing you want to say while trying to prove your innocence for murders is to provide info of you being a trained killer.

*Lastly I will say this, I don't think he did all the murders...

I think he did 90% of them.

Some other people did definitely one.

And a white guy killed at least one as many as 5 as a copy cat killer.

This is why Wayne passionately speaks of his innocence and says "I didn't kill those kids" because he's talking about the ones he didn't kill and he's a psychopath.
Most hair-matching and fiber evidence is total bullshyt. 1950s-1990s were the GOAT era for bullshyt "crime-solving" tactics. It's now been proven that you can't actually match hair fibers the way the detectives claimed you could. Arson "experts" who claimed that you could tell from a fire burn pattern whether it was arson or not were totally debunked. Lie detectors are hit or miss, they only have 60% accuracy or something which is barely better than a coin flip. And the Reid technique for police interrogations produced a huge number of false confessions.

I don't know a ton about the case, this Wayne character seems suspicious but I won't believe he's guilty unless there's a ton more evidence than "looks guilty" and "fibers".

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Ya'll need to watch 'Mindhunter' season 2 on Netflix. 2/3rds of the season is about the Atlanta Child Murders. The Atlanta PD was foul. It was a combination of Wayne Williams, The Pedo ring, and the KKK all caught bodies.

I agree with this.

The pedophile ring was likely protected by some people in Atlanta PD and local city government.

Larry Marshall received a note from Rev Earl Carroll, telling him to leave town. Why would a reverend tell a person suspected of running a house of child prostitution to leave town? Who gave the note to Marshall? None other than Timothy Hill, one if the last child victims before adults (likely procurers) started ending up dead. I believe Wayne was also a procurer.

Larry Marshall, Tom Terrell, Jamie Brooks, John David Wilcoxen and others were key to the cracking the case. Did Wayne Williams or his father know any of these characters?

Who did they know in local city government, Atlanta PD, etc.?

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I agree with this.

The pedophile ring was likely protected by some people in Atlanta PD and local city government.

Larry Marshall received a note from Rev Earl Carroll, telling him to leave town. Why would a reverend tell a person suspected of running a house of child prostitution to leave town? Who gave the note to Marshall? None other than Timothy Hill, one if the last child victims before adults (likely procurers) started ending up dead. I believe Wayne was also a procurer.

Larry Marshall, Tom Terrell, Jamie Brooks, John David Wilcoxen and others were key to the cracking the case. Did Wayne Williams or his father know any of these characters?

Who did they know in local city government, Atlanta PD, etc.?
Yeah the APD didn't really follow up on these two houses that had rumored to be pedo rings and yeah I believe Wayne Williams pops was suspicious as hell. So much that maybe Wayne took the fall for his father.
Don’t think the KKK had anything to do with majority of the murders if any at all

Not the majority but they definitely caught a few bodies while all that shyt was going down. The Lubie Geter kid was one of the kids they killed but the police kept in under wraps for fear of a race riot. It was the mayor, the city officials, and the APD botching and hidding/suppressing everything cause they were building the new airport and new money was coming into the city. Watch that Mindhunter season 2 on Netflix. They real real deep into it too. The APD, the Mayor, the politics involved, Wayne Williams, etc.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Board denies parole for Wayne Williams, Atlanta Child Murders suspect

Wayne Williams, long considered by many authorities as the prime suspect in the Atlanta Child Murders, has been denied parole.

Williams, 61, has maintained his innocence even as he was convicted in 1982 of the murders of two adults and then sentenced to two life terms in prison with the possibility of parole. Prosecutors said he was also suspected of killing more than 20 black children in the Atlanta area from 1979 to 1981, but he was never charged in any child’s death.

The Georgia Board of Pardons and Parole’s decision to deny Williams parole comes amid new scrutiny on the Atlanta Child Murders. Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms announced in March that city police and the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office would re-examine the cases.

Bottoms said she hoped new technology could help old evidence yield answers in the decades-old cases that shook Atlanta for two terrible years. The mayor said the decision shouldn’t be taken as a move supportive of Williams.

“It may be there is nothing left it be tested,” Bottoms said in March. “But I do think history will judge us by our actions and we will be able to say we tried.”

Danny Agan, a retired detective who worked some of the cases for Atlanta Police, said Monday the board’s decision was a good one.

“I’m not surprised at all given all of the facts that are known, how strong his conviction was,” Agan said. “It has held up under years of appeal. There’s no reason to believe the conviction was flawed. In my opinion he is still a threat to society. He’s unrepentant.”

Agan, who followed Williams’ case closely, also supports the mayor’s decision to re-examine the cases, because the retired detective thinks Williams killed most but not all of the children. Agan’s doubts Williams killed the two girls who have long been considered part of the Child Murders “list.” All the other victims were boys.

The parole board isn’t required by law to give a reason for parole decisions, but in a letter to Williams, the board explained tersely. The reason “is insufficient amount of time served to date given the nature and circumstances of your offenses(s),” according to the letter obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

A board spokesman said the board set Williams’ next date of parole consideration to November of 2027. That is as far into the future as the board can push it.

The decision was made in late November, but as a rule, the board waits until the inmate has been notified to reveal decisions to the media.
The board’s ruling is likely to draw a rebuke from Williams’ supporters who have claimed he was used as a scapegoat to end the nightmare of the child murders, which had become grim national news.

Police and federal and state agents investigated dozens of suspects as the murders were happening. Some who confessed but were eliminated because police believed they were more likely mentally ill and lying. Tips also came in about brothers who were purportedly tied to the Ku Klux Klan.

But all other theories began to fall away after a May 1981 police stakeout by a bridge over the Chattahoochee River. Officers heard a splash, thought to be a dropping body, and spotted Williams in a car.

After a body was found, Fulton prosecutors charged Williams, a cocky young freelance photographer, with the deaths of two adults who’d been recovered in or near the river.

The state earned his conviction in 1982 by using new technology to connect Williams through hairs and carpet fibers found with the bodies. Prosecutors also presented evidence from 10 of the child deaths, including three from DeKalb County, as “pattern” cases that prosecutors said pointed to Williams guilt in the kids’ murders.

After Williams’ trial, the children’s cases were closed or or became cold, with the general consensus forming among law enforcement and prosecutors that Williams had also killed the kids.

In 1987, Lewis Slaton, then-Fulton district attorney, declined demands by relatives of 13 young victims to either charge Williams or reopen the cases. Slaton said he didn’t have enough evidence for convictions, though he believed Williams was guilty.

Today, Paul Howard, the current Fulton DA, is using a new conviction integrity unit to examine the Atlanta Child Murders. He recently told Channel 2 Action News that his office was considering the possibility that there were victims who should have been included in the “list” of children who died in the ordeal but weren’t for whatever reason.

Howard’s office declined Monday to give an update on its efforts to re-examine the cases, as did the Atlanta Police Department.