No Thread on Tua's Career Being Over?

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Idk what to tell you bro. Being Injury prone is a real thing. Yes it is football and people do get hurt but there are players with a higher propensity to get hurt from routine hits. You cant watch players like Toby Romo and sean Lee and think being injury prone isnt real. People are all built different. Some dudes can take those licks, others cant

There was nothing routine about that hit, and no, people are playing football, i think saban over works his players, which makes them more susceptible to injury. But folks are misguided when they say injury prone, there isn’t this set of guys who are built to handle the rigors of football, injuries are due to mechanisms and what the state of the area was before the injury (i.e. scar tissue, adhesions, minor tears etc) add that most of these kids have gotten beat up before they arrived to someone’s campus, the rush to get kids back to the game, the pain killers, overriding your natural ability to limit yourself and it’s a recipe for disaster

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
I hate that notion of injury prone, it’s football people get hurt, especially at the qb position. Also the way he got tackled can happen to anyone.

As for the other stuff he’s not done, they were able to set it right there at the stadium which suggests the dislocation isn’t as bad, but the posterior wall fracture (I’m guessing the acetabulum, never heard anyone refer to it as the posterior wall) will take time, but he should be ok, they might reinforce it with a plate to assure no further issues. He’s still a day one draftable qb, my only issues are not health related, if cuts down on the mistakes/turnovers, and doesn’t force so many balls then he will be a great qb

As Ray Lewis said being hurt and injured is two different things. You can play with a little pain but you can't play injured.

Look at someone like Zeke Elliott he plays running back in the NFL takes a lot of carries and is rarely injured.

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
Even if he comes back, who is taking a QB with his injury history in the first round?

tenor.gif

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
As Ray Lewis said being hurt and injured is two different things. You can play with a little pain but you can't play injured.

Look at someone like Zeke Elliott he plays running back in the NFL takes a lot of carries and is rarely injured.

He’s also usually carrying momentum into all his hits, and because of great blocking he’s usually hitting dbs vs lbs or linemen