Noam Chomsky: Unvaccinated should 'remove themselves from the community,' access to food 'their prob

barese

Pro
Daps
Speaking to what was said by Chomsky.
Speaking to what was said by Chomsky is getting applied or announced, and it is not to get anyone killed or starved.
(Regarding getting people starved, I don't think anyone is cancelling home delivery.)

In some countries the first lockdown included groceries, and I think this seems shocking to some westerners with market-oriented brainwashing. But groceries are a huge risk with delta, since Australia reported tracing only "fleeting contacts" in the shops.
Link:
Infection Through “Fleeting Contact” With The Delta Variant Leads To Lockdowns Across Australia

Indoors without good ventilation and high grade masks (FFP2 or N95) remains a huge risk with delta.

Outdoors in crowded places with unvaxxed, no masks and longer contact is also added as a risk with delta, since Australia also reported infection in outside bars and at a beach. This we did not see previously with older variants.
Link:
'Take this very seriously': Experts warn of outdoor COVID-19 risk after beach party cases

Lockdown for unvaccinated is getting applied and announced to save people from a neurotropic disease, that has also long term consequences on vital organs like heart, lungs, kidneys.

Job mandates also work to get a push for vaccines. Countries that already have them, or countries in a specially dire situation, might need a logical second step: lockdown for the unvaccinated.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Speaking to what was said by Chomsky is getting applied or announced, and it is not to get anyone killed or starved.
(Regarding getting people starved, I don't think anyone is cancelling home delivery.)

In some countries the first lockdown included groceries, and I think this seems shocking to some westerners with market-oriented brainwashing. But groceries are a huge risk with delta, since Australia reported tracing only "fleeting contacts" in the shops.
Link:
Infection Through “Fleeting Contact” With The Delta Variant Leads To Lockdowns Across Australia

Indoors without good ventilation and high grade masks (FFP2 or N95) remains a huge risk with delta.

Outdoors in crowded places with unvaxxed, no masks and longer contact is also added as a risk with delta, since Australia also reported infection in outside bars and at a beach. This we did not see previously with older variants.
Link:
'Take this very seriously': Experts warn of outdoor COVID-19 risk after beach party cases

Lockdown for unvaccinated is getting applied and announced to save people from a neurotropic disease, that has also long term consequences on vital organs like heart, lungs, kidneys.

Job mandates also work to get a push for vaccines. Countries that already have them, or countries in a specially dire situation, might need a logical second step: lockdown for the unvaccinated.
It really isn't about what is being applied or being done. That is not my concern in this thread. I am specifically speaking to what he said which is poorly thought out and dismissive.
It's amazing that because people are pro-vaccine, we act like we have to defend all the nonsense they spew. Chomsky was out of order to say what he said.