• Captain America Trilogy

Votes: 46 30.9%
  • The Dark Knight Trilogy

Votes: 103 69.1%

• Total voters

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The Dark Knight Rises is garbage but overall that trilogy is better than the Cap trilogy.
:gladbron:
@MartyMcFly @wire28

Dudes in here are trippin in here saying first avenger is on par with batman begins.

I really love winter soldier and civil war but we all know civil war is hardly a cap movie. Or its at least arguable #avengers2.5

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
OK so? Everything you have never seen doesn't exist I guess.
What are those well known Bane quotes tho?
You really this dense?

a289cbceb9999b2ae3fa65a12982db99.jpg

bane_quote_wallpaper_can_someone_ma_1077084688.1680x0.jpg

4a0143343ff06b3bd59917f415fea024-d63bdu8.jpg

6d06e4678d1092c78122fdf10d2f7987.jpg

Bane entire presence was quotable after quotable.

He had more quotable than mcu has had in over a dozen films.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:aicmon:Bane tossed out more quotes than the entire mcu has during that scene where he was whooping batman ass. Iono why you acting like he ain't got none.
I'm not refuting that but if they are so much more well known and more used I would figure one of you guys could rattle off a few? A couple? 1? :ld:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:gladbron:
@MartyMcFly @wire28

Dudes in here are trippin in here saying first avenger is on par with batman begins.

I really love winter soldier and civil war but we all know civil war is hardly a cap movie. Or its at least arguable #avengers2.5

I've been thinking about this. To me it's the dark knight trilogy despite how I feel about the third one. Mostly because I don't consider the captain America flicks to be a trilogy. They're each three parts of a larger series, not wholly self contained.

The batman trilogy clearly had its themes and arcs set up in the first movie and were carried out from beginning to end. Batman being a symbol, justice, the individual making a difference vs the group, the lengths some are willing to go to get a victory, even if it's more of a Pyrrhic victory. Escalation, terrorism etc. Bruce Wayne has a complete arc that has a logical conclusion, then you've got Michael Caine, Morgan freeman, Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson, all putting in work some if it career best work.

The villains are better by a country mile. Ra's Al Ghul, joker, and bane each get proper development and screen time and at times are truly scary cats for various reasons. Joker is one of the best screen villains period. Comic book flick or otherwise. Winter soldier, red skull, zemo, and Robert Redford's character cannot lay claim to that mantle or even approach the throne

While I love civil war a lot, and winter soldier is dope as well, batman begins and the dark knight are just as great as those two flicks if not better. I love the first avenger as well but if I'm picking between that and batman begins, it's batman begins and it's not even close in terms of the better flick.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I've been thinking about this. To me it's the dark knight trilogy despite how I feel about the third one. Mostly because I don't consider the captain America flicks to be a trilogy. They're each three parts of a larger series, not wholly self contained.

The batman trilogy clearly had its themes and arcs set up in the first movie and were carried out from beginning to end. Batman being a symbol, justice, the individual making a difference vs the group, the lengths some are willing to go to get a victory, even if it's more of a Pyrrhic victory. Escalation, terrorism etc. Bruce Wayne has a complete arc that has a logical conclusion, then you've got Michael Caine, Morgan freeman, Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson, all putting in work some if it career best work.

The villains are better by a country mile. Ra's Al Ghul, joker, and bane each get proper development and screen time and at times are truly scary cats for various reasons. Joker is one of the best screen villains period. Comic book flick or otherwise. Winter soldier, red skull, zemo, and Robert Redford's character cannot lay claim to that mantle or even approach the throne

While I love civil war a lot, and winter soldier is dope as well, batman begins and the dark knight are just as great as those two flicks if not better. I love the first avenger as well but if I'm picking between that and batman begins, it's batman begins and it's not even close in terms of the better flick.
Batman begins is the most underrated comic book film of all time because of how over looked it is.

It set the modern blue print for origin films.