Albums Noname - Sundial (Discussion Thread)

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Happened to hear the album right after it dropped on the way home from a party - its pretty close to flawless for me :manny:

I'm starting to enjoy shorter albums when they're whittled down to all good songs -

Nothing felt superfluous, she had consistent thoughtful, introspective verses - good revolutionary fervor

Every feature added to the tracklist - billy woods was a stand out, as was Silkmoney - Common did his thing, and the notorious Jay Electronica verse that her new black and white fans were screaming about was just a stellar Jay Elec verse.

The funniest thing I've seen are casuals claiming he was anti-semitic on the song - when nothing about it was anti-semitic.

I'd give it a 9/10

At this point in history, anti-semitism is acknowledging the existence of Jewish people but not being a Jewish person yourself when doing it

full

On the album as a whole though, I think it's cool. It's not her best. I think her best is Room 25, followed by Telefone and then this.

Musically, Room 25 is the best, in terms of from the heart poetry and lyrics (not lyricism, but the lyrics) Telefone is the best.

But at this point she's half in her head and half up her own ass so her songs now are just endless criticisms of other people, the world, and sometimes herself just to balance it out, and that can make it hard to get through certain songs.

But like I said earlier in the thread, luckily for me, the songs that are the best on the album are the ones that have less of that finger pointing Twitter shyt so I can just skip those other songs in the future.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Album is dope as fukk...she can be annoying but she is a true artist with good politics.

How is this thread not pinned? :stopitslime: