Normani finally releasing her album, album cover is oversexual, she hasn’t learned after her other failed attempts

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
I still rock with her. She been through a lot and she works hard af.

Keep in mind her mom has been fighting cancer her entire musical career and her dad was diagnosed recently as well. She really hasn't had it easy.

Last edited:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
She lost all her buzz if she had any
pretty much, had this been like 2018, 2019 or when Camilla Cabello dropped her first album then yeah. It's 2024 no one is checking for any of those Fifth Harmony girls anymore.

br82186

Superstar
Daps

Keep in mind her mom has been fighting cancer her entire musical career and her dad was diagnosed recently as well. She really hasn't had it easy.
Then she needs to switch styles because it's gonna get worse for her.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
Then she needs to switch styles because it's gonna get worse for her.
Nah, I'm pretty sure her parents support her and want her to be who she is.

If someone's parents are sick I'm sure they'd rather see their child do what they want rather than do all that hard work, go through all the sacrifice and pain only to compromise at the end.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

No offense but what does their health have to do with her parading around like a ho? Like Chloe, it’s just doesn’t feel natural on her and it clearly hasn’t helped move the needle. She’s been trying to drop an album and be a star for 7-8 years now. That’s plenty of time to find a gimmick that works, whether your music takes off or not, she could’ve been found a look and persona that resonated with her fans

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Could be worse, could be her riding around on a white rocket (or a pink one). :scusthov:

:patrice: I'm trying to understand.....Men dont.buy R&B ...so who is all this hyper-sexualization for ?
Trying to go viral. Music is much less the product here. Rather, it is the brand that is being pushed. The entire gestalt of the artist. Who they are and what they represent is key. Music only plays a small part in that. Her image is another.

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
Chloe didn’t start out sexy though. Her and her sister had put out three albums previously, been nominated for Grammys, toured, the whole nine yards.
She started out too sexy in her solo career.

CW99

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
mmmm yeah let me lick that ass sweat