North Korea bans laughing, alcohol, parties, funerals, shopping, etc. to mourn loss of leader

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how does our media know this? NK is the hermit kingdom. It's nearly impossible to get news from there. This is the same media that old us Kim Jong Un was dead only for him to pop back up.
Our media doesn’t know shyt. They’re just presenting the propaganda that we are expected to accept.

Frieza

Supervillain
Daps
Reppin
The Bush
I don't understand how one person can have so much power over the masses!

Basically, everyone is confined to their homes for 10 days and can't do shyt! I hope none of the people don't have empty refrigerators and pantries, otherwise they will have to starve until they get the OK to function as human beings again...

Smh..

90% of the shyt that comes out of NK is literally unfounded SK-US sponsored propaganda. 99% chance they've just announced a period of mourning, as is common in East Asian cultures. Thailand had a 1-year long mourning period after their king died. I think for a full month after there were no major sporting events, outdoor music etc. but that was framed as 'respectful' as opposed to oppressive. NK is without a doubt a shythole, but if it was remotely as bad as its made out to be the Kims would've gotten smoked a long time ago.

Frieza

Supervillain
Daps
Reppin
The Bush
how does our media know this? NK is the hermit kingdom. It's nearly impossible to get news from there. This is the same media that old us Kim Jong Un was dead only for him to pop back up.

They don't. Almost everything based on NK comes from defectors who are strongly incentivized to lie and pure conjecture. If I remember right, South Korea literally pays 200-800k (USD) if you give them the right answer on how bad NK is. They have weekly shows that literally hand scripts to NK defectors to relay the horror stories they went through, and in return, they make a solid income from it. Even according to UN HRW organizations, NK defectors are notoriously unreliable, that's why you hear the most absurd inhumane shyt.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
90% of the shyt that comes out of NK is literally unfounded SK-US sponsored propaganda. 99% chance they've just announced a period of mourning, as is common in East Asian cultures. Thailand had a 1-year long mourning period after their king died. I think for a full month after there were no major sporting events, outdoor music etc. but that was framed as 'respectful' as opposed to oppressive. NK is without a doubt a shythole, but if it was remotely as bad as its made out to be the Kims would've gotten smoked a long time ago.

Seems like you may be on to something...

Like you said, we really don't know what is really going on in that country. As the youngstas say, it could be lit AF! Doubt it, but we don't know??

Good points made by ya!