North Korea Thread: 3.10.22 - DPRK Launching Missiles With New ICBM

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Another underground test I guess.

Wonder what Trump will do. Diplomacy isn't even in his vocabulary so, I really wonder how he plans to engage in talks regarding this.

I think diplomacy is long gone. China seems to be on board with a strike on the nuclear facilities. US/SK are probably aiming for a complete regime change. I think we'll see a lot more info come out about the Trump/Xi meeting in the coming weeks (if NK escalates and these news releases are accurate). China just came out and basically said that their influence on NK has been severely overblown by the rest of the world and they don't really 'control' them like people think. China has also reportedly deployed 150k troops near the NK border so they may be anticipating a major event. Its really tough to say how accurate any of this is simply because this is all happening around the annual war games, so all of this could just be posturing.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West đź‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
I guess we should wait for them to take out a US city or Tokyo?

Chickens coming home to roost.

Disastrous foreign policy directives from now going all the way to the fifties have led us to this point. Blame dumb government.. an actual end of conflict instead of a truce probably would've done a world of good.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
I think diplomacy is long gone. China seems to be on board with a strike on the nuclear facilities. US/SK are probably aiming for a complete regime change. I think we'll see a lot more info come out about the Trump/Xi meeting in the coming weeks (if NK escalates and these news releases are accurate). China just came out and basically said that their influence on NK has been severely overblown by the rest of the world and they don't really 'control' them like people think. China has also reportedly deployed 150k troops near the NK border so they may be anticipating a major event. Its really tough to say how accurate any of this is simply because this is all happening around the annual war games, so all of this could just be posturing.

What's your ideal solution
What's the most likely outcome

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
I think diplomacy is long gone. China seems to be on board with a strike on the nuclear facilities. US/SK are probably aiming for a complete regime change. I think we'll see a lot more info come out about the Trump/Xi meeting in the coming weeks (if NK escalates and these news releases are accurate).
The crazy thing is just striking NK nuclear facilities would not be an over and done deal. They have an extremely large standing army and given the cult of personality that is part of that whole culture, not sure if that shyt would go down easy. Not to mention that at the same time, NK has artillery aimed at SK at all times and I wouldn't doubt they will pull SK into the conflict too.

:ohhh:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
What's your ideal solution
What's the most likely outcome

There's really no ideal solution. I think it will be ugly and brutal but it will be a very very short war.

Tbh I see China stepping up to the plate and overthrowing the regime and destroying their nuclear facilities. They don't want the US fighting wars in their backyard nor do they want South Korea to influence the future regime. There will probably be blowback for China and that might explain the reported 150k troops along the border. This is all supposed to happen by the end of the week so we'll see if anything goes down.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The crazy thing is just striking NK nuclear facilities would not be an over and done deal. They have an extremely large standing army and given the cult of personality that is part of that whole culture, not sure if that shyt would go down easy. Not to mention that at the same time, NK has artillery aimed at SK at all times and I wouldn't doubt they will pull SK into the conflict too.

:ohhh:

If the US/SK strike NK, then Seoul is fukked for sure. The only angle I can see where SK avoids major damage is if the Chinese are the leaders of the regime change as it'll make NK focus their attacks on northeast China rather than SK or Japan. I'm not too worried about their cult like population. If we can eliminate Jong-Un then we basically killed their God. I don't think another snake will rise up when they see both their "friend" China and their "enemy" America joining up to demolish their country.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Now I'm interested. One thing I wonder about is China's ability to fight the NK army in a conventional war. I imagine NK army has shytty equipment and arms but so did the North Vietcong. I read somewhere that NK holds military families hostage basically to prevent defecting of military members which may strengthen their resolve.

From all the imagery I've seen of NK, outside of Pyongyang, has been heavily forested hillsides and fields. Also from the short amount of information I've consumed about the Korean war, some of the most vicious battles and encounters were ambushes and attacks in the mountains and hills by NK and Chinese forces against SK and the US.

How equipped is the Chinese Army to invade the country and engage in a ground war? Especially given they have not ventured into the country with a military for 60 years? The best solution I imagine would be targeted toppling of NK leadership instead of engaging in a drawn out war.

Just spitballing here. Someone has to know more about this subject.

Last edited:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not looking good.

The moment US soil is hit with a nuke the place that sent it won't exist any longer.
It won't make it here. Air defense and or preemptive strike will take it out. Intelligence agencies are watching NK at all times. There won't ever be a "surprise" strike from NK.

Last edited: