Northern California gas station manager fired after 69 cent a gallon mistake

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
NORTHERN CA GAS STATION MANAGER FIRED AFTER 69 CENTS-A-GALLON MISTAKE
His family has started a GoFundMe to help re-pay the lost revenue.

RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif. -- The manager who misplaced a decimal point at a Northern California gas station pricing premium gas for just 69 cents a gallon has now been fired.

The manager at the Shell gas station in Rancho Cordova, Calif., accidentally moved the decimal point to the wrong spot.

Hundreds of drivers ended up getting the cheap gas for several hours before the mistake was discovered costing the gas station $16,000.

"I put all three prices on there, except the diesel. The last one kind of didn't go. So, I just took responsibility for it and said yeah it's my fault," said John Szczecina, gas station manager.

Gas stations across the country have been dealing with record-breaking gas prices.

Szczecina says he's worried about getting sued by the station owners, so his family has started a GoFundMe to help re-pay the lost revenue.

fukk Shell and fukk the oil industry as a whole

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
avengers-infinity-war.gif

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
shady shyt always goes down at gas stations.
Not saying he did it on purpose, but i know a lady who got fired from a gas station after it coincidentally got robbed by her boyfriend. She was working at the time but somehow had no idea what happened.

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
how can he be forced to pay it back, even if he agreed to it before the price mistake wouldn't it be against public policy basically everywhere? :dwillhuh:
He deserves a medal.

Any numbers on how many people got to benefit from this?
16000/(6.90-.69)/(15 gal/average fillup) = 170 ish ppl

i'm so bored :mjcry:

Last edited: