Nottz - "Rhythm Roulette"

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Watched this again today. Cot damn Nottz is a beast.

Who the fukk comes in the game with these 3 in a row?

Dude's had a monster 2017 too

Those bass lines :banderas:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Everyone on that Maschine now :blessed:
Everyone has always said they can tell what hardware/software was used, and I could never tell, but the Maschine is the one piece of production equipment where I feel like I can hear a beat and tell if it was made on a Maschine or not.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

I know Nottz and Khrysis switched from the ASR-10 to the Maschine, and I know 9th Wonder went from Fruity Loops, to the MPC, to the Maschine. I wanna say Ski uses the Maschine too?

:yeshrug: If the beat is dope it's dope I guess.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Everyone has always said they can tell what hardware/software was used, and I could never tell, but the Maschine is the one piece of production equipment where I feel like I can hear a beat and tell if it was made on a Maschine or not.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

I know Nottz and Khrysis switched from the ASR-10 to the Maschine, and I know 9th Wonder went from Fruity Loops, to the MPC, to the Maschine. I wanna say Ski uses the Maschine too?

:yeshrug: If the beat is dope it's dope I guess.
Really? That's interesting... What are some of the traits or signatures of a Maschine beat??

Not disagreeing per se but genuinely curious as I don't think I can tell myself if a beat was made with Maschine, where as FL is pretty obvious to me (like stuterring hi-hats, certain pad synths and arp VSTs I recognize, the general trap sound is hard to do without a mouse n keyboard)

Edit: Ski uses Ableton, with Maschine as a controller I believe...

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Really? That's interesting... What are some of the traits or signatures of a Maschine beat??

Not disagreeing per se but genuinely curious as I don't think I can tell myself if a beat was made with Maschine, where as FL is pretty obvious to me (like stuterring hi-hats, certain pad synths and arp VSTs I recognize, the general trap sound is hard to do without a mouse n keyboard)

Edit: Ski uses Ableton, with Maschine as a controller I believe...
:jbhmm:
I could be wrong, but I want to say that the beats almost sound a little bit cleaner?

Maybe it's because I lived with Khrysis when he was using the ASR and heard so many fukking beats.

But these are all Maschine. So like even though you can hear the static from the record being sampled (Khrysis doesn't add in extra static like Apollo Brown) these beats all have sort of a polished sound to me, if that makes any sense?

These were a couple he made on the ASR with little to no samples, and the last one had no samples. For some reason they just sound a little crunchier to me.

Am I tripping?

Or maybe it has to do with whoever is mixing it? Because both of these Nottz beats are Maschine beats, and they both have crazy bass lines, but to me the 2nd one sounds fuller, but was mixed by the legend Eddie Sancho. So maybe that's why?

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
:jbhmm:
I could be wrong, but I want to say that the beats almost sound a little bit cleaner?

Maybe it's because I lived with Khrysis when he was using the ASR and heard so many fukking beats.

But these are all Maschine. So like even though you can hear the static from the record being sampled (Khrysis doesn't add in extra static like Apollo Brown) these beats all have sort of a polished sound to me, if that makes any sense?

These were a couple he made on the ASR with little to no samples, and the last one had no samples. For some reason they just sound a little crunchier to me.

Am I tripping?

Or maybe it has to do with whoever is mixing it? Because both of these Nottz beats are Maschine beats, and they both have crazy bass lines, but to me the 2nd one sounds fuller, but was mixed by the legend Eddie Sancho. So maybe that's why?

funny I was just fukking around with the iMaschine 2 app on my iphone before I even saw this thread and said to myself "this sounds cleaner than any of the beats I made in Ableton"...i dont know what it is. might be a workflow thing....or maybe it's the stock sounds.