NY nikkas, why was North Bronx left out?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From KRS One “South Bronx” to all the shoutouts to the Bronx, it was all about South Bronx. Why was The North Bronx left out?

Even Mt Vernon and Yonkers get more respect and they are not even part of the five boroughs. Aren’t they north of the Bronx?

Educate a brother.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
From my understanding, how they did the split was basically on the basis of how rugged and live it was, co-op city being its own side.

I don't think anyone in BDP is really from South bronx even. As in grew up there, went to school there etc

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
From my understanding, how they did the split was basically on the basis of how rugged and live it was, co-op city being its own side.

I don't think anyone in BDP is really from South bronx even. As in grew up there, went to school there etc
Scott LaRock is and so is D-Nice. And at the time of the inception of BDP and the years before KRS lived at a shelter in the South Bronx.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The South and West Bronx are more integral to the development of hip-hop and that’s where most Bronx rappers are from historically and up to modern day.

Northeast Bronx got history too though that’s where Funkmaster Flex and Slick Rick are from.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
From KRS One “South Bronx” to all the shoutouts to the Bronx, it was all about South Bronx. Why was The North Bronx left out?

Even Mt Vernon and Yonkers get more respect and they are not even part of the five boroughs. Aren’t they north of the Bronx?

Educate a brother.
honkies, Greeks, Italians and jews.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Scott LaRock is and so is D-Nice. And at the time of the inception of BDP and the years before KRS lived at a shelter in the South Bronx.
Scott was from Sedgewick in Morris Heights, KRS lived in a shelter after he came home from detention for a few months but had previously lived with his girl around Bronx when he became an arts student before that Bk. D-Nice is from originally from Harlem but moved to highbridge later on. Idk if people count that as south or west bronx?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

Educate a brother.

The same reason south Brooklyn was left out. Caribbean areas that are more into reggae than hip hop lol. Pop smoke is the reason Canarsie is even known now. Years ago it was laughing stock of a neighborhood.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Middle class Caribbean neighborhoods get no representation in NY hip hop. Same story in queens it’s all about south Jamaica, Hollis,

never in life have I seen someone yell I’m from Laurelton, Cambria Heights or Rosedale

:mjlol:
Kid n Play and Eric B are from nice middle class parts of Queens
East Elmhurst.
I know Caribbean people live there, but not sure if it qualifies as a Caribbean section