NYS looking to pass a “NO EVICTION EVER” bill laced with rent increase restrictions...

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
The coli always loves to pretend rent control equates to letting someone not pay rent and just squat for life somewhere. Clown shyt

charknicks

All Star
Daps
The coli always loves to pretend rent control equates to letting someone not pay rent and just squat for life somewhere. Clown shyt

Yeah, people who talk about 'rent control' obviously dont owe stuff. Just in general, prices and cost of living go up yearly. In no way am I saying that landlords should be able to hike rent 15%/20% and up yearly, but 3% a year aint it if cost of owning goes up, and/or if the tenant isnt taking care of the property. Im speaking from current experience for a tenant I have right now.

This type of law will hurt landlords, and in turn will hurt renters, cause landlords will just start with even higher rent for new tenants to make up for the current trash tenants. Celebrate this potential law if you want to, but it will (as most laws) bite more people in the ass then help down the line.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Yeah, people who talk about 'rent control' obviously dont owe stuff. Just in general, prices and cost of living go up yearly. In no way am I saying that landlords should be able to hike rent 15%/20% and up yearly, but 3% a year aint it if cost of owning goes up, and/or if the tenant isnt taking care of the property. Im speaking from current experience for a tenant I have right now.

This type of law will hurt landlords, and in turn will hurt renters, cause landlords will just start with even higher rent for new tenants to make up for the current trash tenants. Celebrate this potential law if you want to, but it will (as most laws) bite more people in the ass then help down the line.
No heat in buildings. And they will only rent to certain folks. Wonder who’s gonna be literally left out in the cold. Places like Cali and NY always take stuff to the extreme and make shyt even worse somehow in these types of bills. Can’t just be in the sensible middle with a compromise always take it way too far

adexkola

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
fukk em :yeshrug:

Coli gonna act like black ownership isn't in the toilet

Rent control isn't about preventing people from owning their own homes. It's putting a cap on how much rent can be extracted by people lucky enough to buy more than 1 property.

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
Me thinks NY is the testing ground for this and other states will follow suit. With the fed buying up properties they want to make it as complicated as possible for remaining landlords by increasing the risk to reward ratio.

If you are looking at real estate investment for your future explore what co-ops entail and you partner up with others where each investor/ resident has a stake in ownership.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
No one is a bit of an exaggeration. NYC will always attract investors.

True. I’m sure that some of the bigger investors don’t mind buying rentals in NYC, but most smaller investors will tell you that they avoid NY and other states where it’s hard to evict people. In other states, you can get people out of your property in under 2 weeks

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Charge only 15 to 20% of a persons monthly income on rent. Problem solved.