NYT: 'If You Care About Privacy, It's Time to Try a New Web Browser'

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm in the industry so things like this are cool to see people discussing. Brave blocks cookies n whatever but also allows users to opt into ads with an ad network they own and paying user some bs crypto and that sounds like some bullshyt.

I use firefox and opera. But honestly you can block all the cookies you want, by logging into websites you're giving them permission to track you. Not all sites are like that but it's getting to that point because every browser will block cookies. Sites like the washington post, data aggregators like liveramp, they all will make sure you're tracked on way or another.

trap101

All Star
Daps
Been rocking with FF and an ad-blocker but you cats got me realizing I still need to up my knowledge to learn how to do all this extra data blocking.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I installed Brave the other day - it's great so far. Kind of impressed by how many sites that used to do the "I see you have an AdBlocker installed..." bullshyt seem to work with zero ads.

Only thing that I've been missing was being able to cast to my Chromecast - just found a workaround for that though.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
Viewing this thread on brave now:wow:
shyt is clean.
If you’re using safari, stop.

:ehh:

default to:

tenor.gif

javascript off... no cookies. no social media icons. whitelist sites 1-by-1 only.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
I'm in the industry so things like this are cool to see people discussing. Brave blocks cookies n whatever but also allows users to opt into ads with an ad network they own and paying user some bs crypto and that sounds like some bullshyt.

I use firefox and opera. But honestly you can block all the cookies you want, by logging into websites you're giving them permission to track you. Not all sites are like that but it's getting to that point because every browser will block cookies. Sites like the washington post, data aggregators like liveramp, they all will make sure you're tracked on way or another.

they are trying to proactively fight device fingerprinting.

anecdotally I would think that is harder on a mobile device.

they need to give us more control over how aggressive the device fingerprinting fighting measures are.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Randomly pulled the trigger on Floorp. Feel like such cliched Linux neckbeard using such an obscure browser but it has done the trick so far