Ocean's 8 (Summer 2018)

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
This shyt gonna flop like damn fish outta water....even the trailers look wack....and when it does ....they better not bytch about it Hollywood is all about that bottomline...fuk empowerment

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
just came back from this. It's basically follows the same plot points of Clooney's, down to the ex lover shyt, the twist being Debbie Ocean wants to get revenge cause her ex snitched.

Nice cameos from Reuben and Yen...and as far as they keep on insisting (Reuben, Debbie, etc.) Danny is dead. I was hoping he'd be the last scene, but I doubt he's really dead.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
My boss took us out to see this today. It was a fun. It's not spectacular, but it was entertaining, and we all enjoyed it. :ehh:I think the details of the heist sometimes stretched plausibility, but if you're just looking for a fun popcorn flick, it's better than a lot of shyt I've seen this year. I thought they handled the tie in to the other Oceans' films very well, and it didn't feel like a female rip off of those movies, just an exploration of a female member of the Oceans' family. I mean if you grow up in a criminal family, it's highly likely all of the members have skills. It was cool the way the lead character acknowledged her brother both before and after the heist.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Coli told me this was going to flop tho but it was the highest opening of any ocean's flick:russ:

Remember, they said that about Wonder Woman too. When it comes to female driven films, I don't trust the Coli's opinion on box office projections. They consistently underestimate the selling power of women.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Remember, they said that about Wonder Woman too. When it comes to female driven films, I don't trust the Coli's opinion on box office projections. They consistently underestimate the selling power of women.

I don't trust the coli's opinion on box office predictions for most films, much less female driven ones. Deadline did the numbers and 55% of the audience for oceans 11-13 were female. So it stands to reason that they'd show out for a movie about them in the same franchise.

Plus, and I said this before, this was George Clooney's idea. He came up with it, went to Soderberg, who then went to Gary Ross to direct and write. But its the fault of the women that he had that idea I guess and also the fault of the women that they all said yes, and also their fault the movie is a hit. I don't get why cats really believe every piece of entertainment has to be for them and if it doesn't appeal to them, it's going to flop or be wack.

I remember those Wonder Woman projections :deadmanny:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
My boss took us out to see this today. It was a fun. It's not spectacular, but it was entertaining, and we all enjoyed it. :ehh:I think the details of the heist sometimes stretched plausibility, but if you're just looking for a fun popcorn flick, it's better than a lot of shyt I've seen this year. I thought they handled the tie in to the other Oceans' films very well, and it didn't feel like a female rip off of those movies, just an exploration of a female member of the Oceans' family. I mean if you grow up in a criminal family, it's highly likely all of the members have skills. It was cool the way the lead character acknowledged her brother both before and after the heist.
If they didn't bring Hathaway into the circle, I would've thought the heist was too farfetched, especially when Aquafinna had to swipe it and Hathaway wouldn't have noticed.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
just came back from this. It's basically follows the same plot points of Clooney's, down to the ex lover shyt, the twist being Debbie Ocean wants to get revenge cause her ex snitched.

Nice cameos from Reuben and Yen...and as far as they keep on insisting (Reuben, Debbie, etc.) Danny is dead. I was hoping he'd be the last scene, but I doubt he's really dead.
Danny is dead :dwillhuh:

why :wtf:

:pacspit: