Odds of Trump Impeachment or Resignation Now 50/50

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
How confident are you that any of that will happen? Trump is a mess and the Republicans have not even shown the ability to even repeal Obamacare yet.

The continuing resolution expires in March. There will have to be a budget proposal in the next couple weeks. Otherwise the government shuts down again.

The GOP have all of the leverage. They want core policy stuff done and done quickly in the next couple of months. Trump is a useful distraction.

Ms. Elaine

Spoiled Brat
Daps
Reppin
Avocado Toast
The continuing resolution expires in March. There will have to be a budget proposal in the next couple weeks. Otherwise the government shuts down again.

The GOP have all of the leverage. They want core policy stuff done and done quickly in the next couple of months. Trump is a useful distraction.

Which are? :jbhmm:

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
the black cat is my crown...
i work with some staunch trump supporters.... they see ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that this guy has done wrong... they are riding with him to the end...... haven't you guys seen the video where all the white trump supporters are giving this guy an A+?..... dude is sporting a 53% approval rating among white people... he's not getting impeached....

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i work with some staunch trump supporters.... they see ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that this guy has done wrong... they are riding with him to the end...... haven't you guys seen the video where all the white trump supporters are giving this guy an A+?..... dude is sporting a 53% approval rating among white people... he's not getting impeached....

Bill Clinton's approval rating was 63% when he got impeached and 73% after the articles of impeachment was approved.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/12/20/impeachment.poll/

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
Bill Clinton's approval rating was 63% when he got impeached and 73% after the articles of impeachment was approved.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/12/20/impeachment.poll/
clinton was a democrat getting impeached by republicans.... back then the white vote was far higher than it is now.... right now cacs feel like an endangered species... if it wasn't for the rampant insecurities the cac race is rife with then trump wouldn't have even been elected.... but he's the only one promising to return cacs to the glory days when just about everything was run by cacs... republicans are not going to impeach a republican....

here, i'll let rand paul tell it:
"I just don't think it's useful to be doing investigation after investigation, particularly of your own party. We'll never even get started with doing the things we need to do, like repealing Obamacare, if we're spending our whole time having Republicans investigate Republicans. I think it makes no sense."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politics/kfile-rand-paul-republican-investigations/

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
it's a lock, imo it was before the swear in. 1. Trump is in over his head he just doesn't know what he's doing & he's very dangerous because of that. 2. Elites were not going to let Trump run this country. :yeshrug:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
clinton was a democrat getting impeached by republicans.... back then the white vote was far higher than it is now.... right now cacs feel like an endangered species... if it wasn't for the rampant insecurities the cac race is rife with then trump wouldn't have even been elected.... but he's the only one promising to return cacs to the glory days when just about everything was run by cacs... republicans are not going to impeach a republican....

"I just don't think it's useful to be doing investigation after investigation, particularly of your own party. We'll never even get started with doing the things we need to do, like repealing Obamacare, if we're spending our whole time having Republicans investigate Republicans. I think it makes no sense."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/14/politics/kfile-rand-paul-republican-investigations/

I am watching the news right now tonight and even the Republicans will not be able to save Trump. Trump is trying to get one of his business buddy's to review the intelligence community. Even the Republicans will see what he is really trying to do, which is to stop the investigations of him and his crew.

White House Plans to Have Trump Ally Review Intelligence Agencies

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/...e-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps

I thought the same, but what changes things in favor of impeachment is the utterly unparalleled incompetence and ego of this president and this administration. We've never seen anything close to this in American history.

mc_brew

#NotMyPresident
Daps
Reppin
I am watching the news right now tonight and even the Republicans will not be able to save Trump. Trump is trying to get one of his business buddy's to review the intelligence community. Even the Republicans will see what he is really trying to do, which is to stop the investigations of him and his crew.

White House Plans to Have Trump Ally Review Intelligence Agencies

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/...e-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
I thought the same, but what changes things in favor of impeachment is the utterly unparalleled incompetence and ego of this president and this administration. We've never seen anything close to this in American history.
i hear what both of you are saying.... we just had a department wide meeting (had nothing to do with politics, but with cacs everything is politics), and literally five (out of the 7) cacs in our department expressed immense loyalty to trump and that was all happening while his labor secretary was dropping out of the running (we were in a meeting so no one knew it at the time, but still).. i get it, i hear you.... however, i am not speaking from a place of what i've read in the comment sections of most news websites... i'm talking about living breathing cacs i work with all day long... they are not phased even slightly.... most incompetent? i agree with you... they don't .... they see obama as a million times more incompetent... this is your typical cac... and trump is still more popular in most conservative districts than the conservatives that represent those districts... unless trump does something way over the top or these republicans are tired of being in office, trump won't get touched....

i'm more scared of trump getting impeached than i am hopeful he will get impeached... by that i mean, if republicans really turn on him then he must have really did something truly disastrous... i just don't see it... cacnitive dissonance is rampant.....

Last edited: