Odell Beckham Jr. Loses Most Of His Salary Due To Bitcoin Dip

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know bruhs will scream that Bitcoin going to be at 100K in a couple years so it's not an L, which would be true. But most crypto believers would have told you a dip was coming so he could have easily taken the money and bought in here at 20K
That’s what I don’t get: is there a tax break or something from not just taking the traditional contract and investing the bread? I guess it doesn’t matter if you put the same amt in, but maybe if you actually see the money itself you won’t put all of it into fukking crypto

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Lol @ ‘Damn ngga why didnt you just look into the future and buy at 20k’

Why 20k? Who’s to say it won’t be 10k next week. No one has a crystal ball my guy. And that’s not exclusive to BTC , that’s investing as whole. All stocks are gonna dip. But who’s to say when. BTC could have kept soaring to 100k and dipped down to 70. He woulda been kicking himself he didn’t invest sooner.

Taking victory laps in stocks —-after a few months—- and especially crypto is …insanity. Again, Russ Okung tuned a 13m contract to 21M. You can’t applaud one and shyt on the other

It could, so now we'll have to wait to see if it was a good move. If he did get all that from cash app then none of it matters because he's up no matter what

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
People are so stupid

He’s already signed his big deal. Adding his endorsements, he’s worth probably 40,50M. He can sign a endorsement deal tomorow and make up 750k.

An additional 750k isnt changing his life

Losing 700k isn’t changing his life

Putting 750k aside and in 10 years it’s 7.5 million would change his life. It was a good investment and still is
No wonder it’s so easy to scam ppl nowadays :wow:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He bought it near the all time high in a bull market. You NEVER do that. Should have taken his salary in USD and waited for a crash/bear market and bought his Bitcoin. I don't know who advised him.

Buy low sell high.

GMoney

Nostalgia Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Abundance
Was this Odell or his agent's idea? I can't imagine an agent telling their client to take their entire salary in Bitcoin.