Of all the Warriors in history Samurai have the dopest combat armor

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
portcityplaya said:
I aint reading all of that but it depended on who was in charge at the time. Japan was civil waring for a century plus. Some samurai leaders were more heartless than others.
There's a dope docuseries on Netflix bout em.
Good watch.

Nah. Read the article. Most docs about them are based on a 'romanticization' of what samurai were without respect to actual history. They were rich thugs and bullies....like the Knights Templar. There was no 'code' they subscribed to. They did whatever they wanted, more often than not, for money. 'Honor' didn't exist.​

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
They had the most swag deficient hair cuts tho :scust:

They was cutting the top of their heads to look like they was bald :mjlol:

:russ: Me and a homie had a convo about this. If the Sengoku period samurai had Korea's early Joseon era hairlines and headbands them dudes would have been swagged out on the battlefield.

CouldntBeMeTho

Clarence Pawlicker
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dog Shooting Squad Of Islamabad
I'll have to find the link but what I read is that they looked for em
It's an old proverb "for a samurai to be brave he must have black blood"
It was believed that early Japanese were black:manny:
i bet that link is on a old hard drive somewhere :mjlol:

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
And how did they determine that?

ancient samurai used to login into ancestry.com apparently.

:stopitslime: look for that link my g

giphy.gif

he aint cappn

ima find some articles for yall

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
I posted some but I'll have to find more I guess

i see what happened

Sakanoue no Tamuramaro, the first great Shogun of medieval Japan who was African - Face2Face Africa

you mixed up the words samurai and shogun

samurai is a soldier and a shogun is the general

the first shogun of japan was african. thats all you really need to know :ahh:

and you know ima be watching this

Black Samurai Anime 'Yasuke' Season 1 Coming to Netflix in April 2021 - What's on Netflix

most famous samurai in japan was an african who was thought to be the reincarnation of an ancient proverb

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Nah. Read the article. Most docs about them are based on a 'romanticization' of what samurai were without respect to actual history. They were rich thugs and bullies....like the Knights Templar. There was no 'code' they subscribed to. They did whatever they wanted, more often than not, for money. 'Honor' didn't exist.​

The doc covers that.

I still aint reading that shyt cause it start off talking bout tom cruise. Its a long just to be long ass article :heh:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Bushido didn't really become a thing until after the Tokugawa Shogunate was established after the Sengoku Era. Before then Samurai ain't have no issues killing women, kids, old people, raping...basically they was vikings with more status and prettier armor. After Toyotomi fukked up and got the samurai's ass kicked in Korea as a class they en masse lost the appetite for war. After the Shogunate came round they all started writing poetry and romanticizing their war exploits.

Its just like the Shinobi/Ninja... Most of them nikkas was farmers and peasants no some elite group of ultra spies.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps

I just read wayyyy more than I intended to on that quote, and it was based in racism.

It was basically an insult.

Ashmead's expertise was that he served in Japan for a bit as a doctor, and he's read Maget. It's a read that'll make your stomach turn. Most Western writing from that period is Orientalist and has tinges of racism (well-meant or not), but this is pure unadulterated hate literature, with arguments for lynching of black men included.

By p. 86, he gets to the crux of his argument. Negros are subhuman. Japanese are Negros. Therefore, the Japanese are subhuman.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Last edited: