Official Biden vs. Trump 2020 General Election Thread (Biden WINS 306 Electoral College Votes)

Who wins?

• Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA (2009-2017)

Votes: 440 81.6%
  • Donald Trump, President of the USA (2017-present)

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Everyone knows it needs to be done but most of the American public thinks military spending=national security. How do you message that without falling into the normal Republican "Democrats weak, Republicans strong" spiral which inevitably will turn into their 2024 message?
By proposing for more money and benefits for soldiers and veterans. The government could cut the military budget by hundreds of billions and increase salaries, benefits and access to care for soldiers and veterans. Then push for financial audits of the military every year.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
By proposing for more money and benefits for soldiers and veterans. The government could cut the military budget by hundreds of billions and increase salaries, benefits and access to care for soldiers and veterans.
You could play up the troops angle but the defense industry would come back saying they employ more former military than anyone else.

Say we cut $200 billion out of the defense budget, the raise salaries and benefits by apportioning $50 billion of what's left. Now you've cut $250 billion worth of military programs that were employing tens of thousands(if not more) of jobs in the military adjacent space like my dad works for.

And it would effect not just big companies but most likely tons of smaller contractors and subcontractors that are usually hanging on by thread.That's why defense sequestration was such a heated topic.

The lobbyists would be hammering everyone in Congress. It would be a bloodbath.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You could play up the troops angle but the defense industry would come back saying they employ more former military than anyone else
This isn’t an argument against paying more to the troops.
Say we cut $200 billion out of the defense budget, the raise salaries and benefits by apportioning $50 billion of what's left. Now you've cut $250 billion worth of military programs that were employing tens of thousands(if not more) of jobs in the military adjacent space like my dad works for.
Then you set up a real federal infrastructure initiative that would provide more jobs.

And it would effect not just big companies but most likely tons of smaller contractors and subcontractors that are usually hanging on by thread.That's why defense sequestration was such a heated topic.

The lobbyists would be hammering everyone in Congress. It would be a bloodbath.
Then frame it as soldiers versus big corporations and lobbyists. We gotta stop being shook. Use footage of generals saying they don’t want all this equipment.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
This isn’t an argument against paying more to the troops.
No, its an argument against cutting hundreds of billions out of the military budget.

Then you set up a real federal infrastructure initiative that would provide more jobs.
That's what government defense contracting does a lot of. In fact, looked at in certain way, the military and its associated civilian support system might be the government's most successful jobs program. I don't know about you but I've got plenty of friends that went into the military because they had no direction in the civilian world and have really straightened out there lives and found purpose because of it.

Then frame it as soldiers versus big corporations. We gotta stop being shook. Use footage of generals saying they don’t want all this equipment.
:heh:

Breh, you aren't convincing anyone inside or outside the defense industrial complex of that argument. Everyone is shook of losing their jobs or being thought of being responsible for losing jobs.

Really, the only thing I see as a solution that would minimize mass pain is to cap spending or tie it to some floating metric. I don't see it pulling back in any significant manner during Biden's term. :manny: