Official DOCTOR STRANGE Thread | Multiverse fukkery incoming

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Chiwetel Ejiofor Talks Joining DOCTOR STRANGE With Benedict Cumberbatch And Tilda Swinton

Now that he's finally able to acknowledge his villainous role as Baron Mordo, 12 Years a Slave star Chiwetel Ejiofor has shared his excitement to be joining Benedict Cumberbatch (Stephen Strange) and Tilda Swinton (The Ancient One) in Marvel's Doctor Strange adaptation.
To9KdfF.png

It was confirmed not too long ago during Disney's D23 Expo that Chiwetel Ejiofor will be portraying Baron Mordo in the much-anticipated Doctor Strange adaptation. So, when Entertainment Weeklyspoke with the British actor for his role in the post-apocalyptic film Z for Zachariah, the magazine certainly made an effort to ask about his debut in the ever-growing Marvel Cinematic Universe.

“I am doing Doctor Strange, and I’m incredibly excited about it,” said Ejiofor, before he laughed and declared, “That’s all I say.” However, the Academy Award-nominated actor did discuss his excitement to be working on Doctor Strange with Benedict Cumberbatch and Tilda Swinton, who will play Dr. Stephen Strange and the Ancient One, respectively. “He’s a good friend of mine,”Ejiofor said of his 12 Years A Slave and Strange co-star Cumberbatch. “So, it’s gonna be fun. And Tilda Swinton — I haven’t worked with her, but I’m excited to work with her. She’s brilliant.”

Sadly, Chiwetel Ejiofor could not elaborate on his Baron Mordo role, but Doctor Strange is directed by Scott Derrickson, and is scheduled to commence principal photography this November in the United Kingdom, and with a release date scheduled for November 4, 2016. What do you think?

Chiwetel Ejiofor Talks Joining DOCTOR STRANGE With Benedict Cumberbatch And Tilda Swinton

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Tilda the androgynous gawd/gawdess in this as the ancient one :jbhmm:

The tone is going to have to be dark for me to check it out though...:jbhmm:

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
:blessed:

‘Doctor Strange’ Eyes ‘Hannibal’ Star Mads Mikkelsen to Play Villain (EXCLUSIVE)

mads-mikkelsen-doctor-strange.jpg

REX SHUTTERSTOCK
AUGUST 27, 2015 | 12:10PM PT
Justin Kroll
Film Reporter@krolljvar

Hannibal” star Mads Mikkelsen is in early talks to play one of the villains in Marvel’s “Doctor Strange” opposite Benedict Cumberbatch, Variety has learned exclusively. While sources say no offer has been delivered, one is expected shortly. Marvel had no comment on Mikkelsen’s involvement.

Tilda Swinton and Chiwetel Ejiofor are on board to co-star. Scott Derrickson is directing the comic book movie from a script by Jon Spaihts. Marvel’s Kevin Feige will produce.

Cumberbatch will play Stephen Vincent Strange, a former neurosurgeon who becomes the next Sorcerer Supreme and primary protector of Earth against magical and mystical threats. Marvel Comics artist Steve Ditko created the character in 1963. Swinton will play Strange’s mentor, the Ancient One, while Ejiofor will appear as Baron Mordo, who also studies magic under the Ancient One in the comic books, before becoming Doctor Strange’s nemesis.

Mikkelsen’s exact role remains under wraps, but sources say he will be another antagonist to Cumberbatch’s titular sorcerer.

“Doctor Strange” will debut on Nov. 4, 2016, with production set to start late this year.

Marvel has been interested in Mikkelsen for some time, at one point courting him for the villainous Malekith in “Thor: The Dark World,” until Mikkelsen won the role of the titular cannibal in NBC’s “Hannibal” and was no longer available. The Malekith role eventually went to Christopher Eccleston.

If accepted, this would be Mikkelsen’s second high-profile role in the wake of “Hannibal’s” cancellation — he’ll also appear in “Star Wars: Rogue One,” which will hit theaters on December 16, 2016. He is repped by UTA and Art Management.

'Doctor Strange' Eyes 'Hannibal' Star Mads Mikkelsen to Play Villain (EXCLUSIVE)

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
yo if they get mads this will be the most loaded cast of good actors marvel has ever had in one flick....this shyt gonna make me a strange fan :wow:

not that i dont like strange i just think he holds back too much in the comcis and he's like always the one outta the avengers gettin knocked out or tricked for some reason :beli:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Why would you add another villain when you have Chiwetel Ejiofor already? Mads is that dude but it seems like it would be overkill.

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
Why would you add another villain when you have Chiwetel Ejiofor already? Mads is that dude but it seems like it would be overkill.
we dont know who Mads is playing but im guessing its Dormammu so it might like the animated movie were we see Mardo turn on the Ancient One and has been working with Dormammu

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
we dont know who Mads is playing but im guessing its Dormammu so it might like the animated movie were we see Mardo turn on the Ancient One and has been working with Dormammu
I just have great trepidation when these movies decide to overload with villains especially straight out the gate. Besides having Chiwetel's Mordo basically being subservient to a bigger bad guy doesn't sit well with me especially when Mordo is more intertwined with Strange's origin story as they are both students of The Ancient One while Dormammu was introduced later on in the early Dr. Strange tales.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Dammit I was hoping they would get the Doctor Doom rights back and give Mikkelsen the role he was born to play.:francis:

I guess Ejiofor will be Doctor Voodoo then.... I know its not Disney's fault but jesus was every black character besides Black Panther a side kick.

:martin: