OFFICIAL Game of Holmes Season 8 Thread - A Dream of Flat Tops 4/14/19

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
House of the Dragon isn't half as good as GOT

Don't understand how can people watch it.

They should have just bought back the old actors and given them different roles.
Whenever i see this avi i know im about to read some stupid shyt.
Doesnt matter the topic... movies, music. sports. I know its gonna be stupid

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GN9DtBoWMAAKlQE

He was Snow season 1 to Crasters keep, after that he was a Stark, because their weren't any other Starks, Once he started thinking of Dany in season 7, he became Targaryen

Ill-Yaz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shut up nikka! HOD is fire.

I watched most of the season but was trying to force myself to like it.

It's not half as good as GOT in terms of quality and the actors are hardly renowned.

Wish they would just bring back guys like Charles Dance and Kit Harrington and give them different roles.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
I don't understand how y'all rewatch this knowing the utter disappointment waiting for you the last two seasons. I mean I could understand if the final season was only as bad as season 7, but it actually goes from not that good (7) to absolute complete dog shyt.

The Wire is an example of a show that didn't have a great final season but is definitely still rewatchable. I cannot deny the greatness of the first 6 seasons but to me that's like re-reading a 2,000 page book even though the last 500 pages are nonsense and the final 250 is anger-inducing.

tl;Dr it's worth the trouble if you've never seen it before, but there are MUCH better ways to spend your time than watching this bullshyt more than once.

Ill-Yaz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand how y'all rewatch this knowing the utter disappointment waiting for you the last two seasons. I mean I could understand if the final season was only as bad as season 7, but it actually goes from not that good (7) to absolute complete dog shyt.

The Wire is an example of a show that didn't have a great final season but is definitely still rewatchable. I cannot deny the greatness of the first 6 seasons but to me that's like re-reading a 2,000 page book even though the last 500 pages are nonsense and the final 250 is anger-inducing.

tl;Dr it's worth the trouble if you've never seen it before, but there are MUCH better ways to spend your time than watching this bullshyt more than once.
Refresh me what so bad again? I didn't care much for the white walker shyt.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

A lot of people hated The Wire's finale at the time, yet still ranked the show favorably and enjoy the previous seasons. I'd understand your argument if this was one long movie where the last half hour was a trainwreck that ruined it but it's a series. If you love a specific episode or season, the final seasons don't hinder that. I watched some of S4 recently alongside some family members. The show was really good at one point. That doesn't disappear because the show writers shat the bed later.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
A lot of people hated The Wire's finale at the time, yet still ranked the show favorably and enjoy the previous seasons. I'd understand your argument if this was one long movie where the last half hour was a trainwreck that ruined it but it's a series. If you love a specific episode or season, the final seasons don't hinder that. I watched some of S4 recently alongside some family members. The show was really good at one point. That doesn't disappear because the show writers shat the bed later.
That's fair, I didn't realize some people don't think of TV series as a long ass movie. I definitely do though which is where my frustration lies. I can't just enjoy part of a story knowing that it turns into shyt at the end.

Replayability for me involves enjoying the shyt from start to finish (it's okay if the quality dips a little, just can't fall off a fukkin cliff). The only exception to this rule for me is comedy shows like Fresh Prince, The Office, etc.

Those kind of shows have standalone episodes that do tie into a larger storyline but don't have to be watched in order to still be enjoyable. Dramas and other serious tone genres I only watch in order.