Other Official JMSN Thread (New album "It Is" out now)

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
So what are everyone's thoughts? I haven't been able to listen to the album fully because I've been hella busy but I've heard most of it.

My first impression is that it seems like JMSN had a lot he wanted to get off his chest. There is a lot more cursing and venting on the songs and skits.

The album seems like a continuation from Blue. It's interesting how his music reflects his life. I became a fan because of his more relationship themed songs but now he's gotten away from that. It's not a bad thing I just need more time to digest it. Same thing happened with Blue. It had to grow on me.
Spot on, i feel the same way. I listened to it twice and all the songs pretty much sound the same with the exception of maybe two. The blue album kinda grew on me but of all his material I play priscilla the most.

WeInHere

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I like this shyt! He be spitting that smooth truth. Be a man pt.II :whew:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a lot of the production sounds the same..and the production over powers the lyrics on a lot of songs.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Went to his dallas show tonight. It was lit, dude came out in some leggins with a flower shirt. Some thot ran on stage and danced on him & then threw her draws on him. I think she was on dogg food but I digress.

It was a dope show, his band was was great as well..