Official JOKER Thread (SPOILERS)

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I watched it. Dave aint get angry. He didn't go out and complain. He incorporated their criticism into his routine and made jokes of it all. Like a great comedian would.

It's funny watching the "anti-sjw" crowd try to co-opt Dave Chappelle's comedy as if anything he got up there and said was in alignment with their cause.

If anything Dave was empathetic toward the lbgt crowd and other people he was making fun of and in his own way helped normalized those groups by including them into the conversation (without being mean spirited btw) rather than pretending like they don't exist just because some bytch made reviews bypassed all nuances of his comedy for click-bait.

That's shytty for sure, but that is way less concerning (and easier to expose/deal with) than a particular crowd of white people getting dumb nikkas to jump on this anti-PC wave like it's noble or anything but them being uncomfortable with being held accountable for historically obnoxious, shytty behavior.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Where to start, where to start?

You know the story about the pop culture crowds who have always understood that fictional entertainment such as video games and cartoons does not inspire violence, unlike the crybaby momma's and gun-toting/promoting politicians who try to push responsibility away from their own failures? Well, all it took was a little Joker movie and a couple of buzz words like everybody's new favorite go-to insult 'incel' for the entire pop culture community to become a bunch of scaredy-cats. Add social media and the power of clickbait and voila, a descent into a world gone mad is born. You'd almost believe fiction meets reality if it weren't for the fact our 'world gone mad' is really just whiny people. Lots and lots of whiny people. You'd probably be better off in Joker's 'world gone mad' of Gotham City, littered with garbage because of a public strike and citizens who only look out for themselves, filled with slow-burning anger.

One of the two great performers in this movie is the city, that feels every bit as filthy as it's made out to be and thanks to fantastic production design truly looks like New York from the 70s, another notorious shythole. The city breathes so much bad vibes that it makes the woes of the other great performer, Joaquin Phoenix as our titular villain, so much more believable. And this is definitely the Joaquin Phoenix show. I'll refrain from any comparisons, particularly because each cinematic Joker has its own distinct character and thus requires different performances, but it's needless to say that Phoenix delves so deep into the role it's hard to imagine that he could ever stop, or top, performing this role. The screenplay gives him endless place to go all-out, and perhaps it's the scriptedness of this that ocassionally makes it feel still like a performance. Regardless, it's a commanding powerhouse role by Phoenix.

The story itself also offered plenty surprises for me. Some stuff is kinda expected, and Phillips does have a tendency to be too on-the-nose with some reveals, but for the most part the story's twists and turns are as unpredictable as the character itself. The build-up to Arthur's change into the Joker takes quite some time, but once it happens it does feel truly impactful and each scene afterwards only carries more and more intensity. You sense the hinges coming off and you fear what's behind the door. As mentioned in my earlier post, there are few moments where the movie could've ended to leave a brilliant mark on its exploration of a world gone mad, and I'll give the movie all the credit in the world for not giving in to a whiny PC ending. There is one moment in the end that does feel unnecessary, tying to the inclusion of a scene that I also preferred to see implied rather than shown, but it is what it is. For the movie to go where it goes, and then end like it ends, they certainly made sure that this, even in the rationality of the character's actions, remains a villain's story.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You think I can view this in Germany in English early?
Depends on where in Germany. The Netherlands is one of the few European countries who don't do dubbing (except for children's movies) but most cities in Germany will feature theaters that aim towards expats and offer English language screenings.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I'm hoping the success/press that this is getting leads them to doing more "DC Dark" Elseworlds movies. I can halfway imagine Titans being set in the same universe, not that I've seen this movie.

DC doesn't have many anti-heroes though. Actual major villains of this level of mentally screwed up, either.

know what's fukked up, though?

If they did a Harley Quinn movie and showed her going from square repressed psychologist to whooping angry mens asses en masse due to abuse, rape and psychological trauma, it would be praised en masse as a shining paragon example of women overcoming adversity and standing up for themselves.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
:wow:

Just got out. Will write up more later but let just say this is truly the most disturbing the Joker on film has ever been. The film could've ended in three different places to be perfect and each time it didn't I thought it was to p*ssy out but they didn't.

And listening to some of the audience reactions after the movie this shyt will be very polarizing. Lots of folks seemed completely lost on what they just saw and how to judge it.
You got me hyped, my guy.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
:wow:

Just got out. Will write up more later but let just say this is truly the most disturbing the Joker on film has ever been. The film could've ended in three different places to be perfect and each time it didn't I thought it was to p*ssy out but they didn't.

And listening to some of the audience reactions after the movie this shyt will be very polarizing. Lots of folks seemed completely lost on what they just saw and how to judge it.

You got me geeking

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I'm hoping the success/press that this is getting leads them to doing more "DC Dark" Elseworlds movies. I can halfway imagine Titans being set in the same universe, not that I've seen this movie.

DC doesn't have many anti-heroes though. Actual major villains of this level of mentally screwed up, either.

know what's fukked up, though?

If they did a Harley Quinn movie and showed her going from square repressed psychologist to whooping angry mens asses en masse due to abuse, rape and psychological trauma, it would be praised en masse as a shining paragon example of women overcoming adversity and standing up for themselves.

Prove it. Show receipts of a movie that depicts men getting killed and raped by a "heroine" getting praise. You guys are just as bad as so-called sjws you hate with all the crying and whining about agenda-- and no proof.

Legalese

Banned
Daps
It is already coming breh, but they call it Birds Of Prey and made the actual Birds Of Prey background characters. :mjlol::mjcry:
Trailer all over the place, they showed damn near everything with narration to boot. If it was really popping they could of put more mystique to it.
:francis:

Margot Robbie is ok but they should of rebooted the shyt to go along with the new Joker universe.
Start from when shes still a psychiatrist/psychologist, but now her universe is attached to Suicide Squad, thats an automatic tank
:martin: