Official Luka Doncic Will Be A Bust Thread

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Luka Doncic is that dude

Trae Young is shooting like ass. I think he can turn it around, but he doesn't instill a lot of confidence with his game.

When the shot is hitting, it's all good. He makes it look effortless. He's just heaving shots up and they're falling. Cool.

Problem is that these moments are very few and far between. This ain't the first half of last NCAA season. When his shot isn't falling or he's not given space, he has to work too hard to get quality looks. And like others have stated, his size (short) and athleticism (slow, no first step, doesn't jump out the gym, not a speed demon like Wall, etc) really limit what he can do when the 30 footer isn't falling.

He can definitely pass, but his assist numbers are so weird. He'll give you double digit assists and be killing it for a couple games and then turn around and barely have a 1:1 AST:TO ratio the next couple. Inconsistent. I'm sure the poor roster doesn't do him any favors.

Meanwhile Doncic looks so natural and acclimated to the pro game. Nothing is too big or too much too soon for him.

This thread backfired. Trade probably backfired for Atlanta. Dallas definitely got the better player in the 2018 draft, but perhaps Atlanta can get a quality player with the future Dallas pick. Who knows, though. Nothing is guaranteed.

This is now the official Luka Doncic Appreciation Thread :myman:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
Luka Doncic is that dude

Trae Young is shooting like ass. I think he can turn it around, but he doesn't instill a lot of confidence with his game.

When the shot is hitting, it's all good. He makes it look effortless. He's just heaving shots up and they're falling. Cool.

Problem is that these moments are very few and far between. This ain't the first half of last NCAA season. When his shot isn't falling or he's not given space, he has to work too hard to get quality looks. And like others have stated, his size (short) and athleticism (slow, no first step, doesn't jump out the gym, not a speed demon like Wall, etc) really limit what he can do when the 30 footer isn't falling.

He can definitely pass, but his assist numbers are so weird. He'll give you double digit assists and be killing it for a couple games and then turn around and barely have a 1:1 AST:TO ratio the next couple. Inconsistent. I'm sure the poor roster doesn't do him any favors.

Meanwhile Doncic looks so natural and acclimated to the pro game. Nothing is too big or too much too soon for him.

This thread backfired. Trade probably backfired for Atlanta. Dallas definitely got the better player in the 2018 draft, but perhaps Atlanta can get a quality player with the future Dallas pick. Who knows, though. Nothing is guaranteed.

This is now the official Luka Doncic Appreciation Thread :myman:
i'm really looking forward to seeing how trae's frail ass will hold up during an 82 game season. he couldn't even make it 30+ games in college before falling off a cliff.

Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
i'm really looking forward to seeing how trae's frail ass will hold up during an 82 game season. he couldn't even make it 30+ games in college before falling off a cliff.
For sure. Dude definitely faded as the season progressed this past year.

I get why ATL fans are excited. Lightning in a bottle and he gives you 20pt-quarter potential.

But I feel this type of thread was more appropriate for HIM instead of Luka. 5 months ago, 2 months ago, now.

Meanwhile we got the tubby Euro gawd who's pudgy frame can absorb unlimited contact and finds ways to persevere with his 10" vertical.

:wow:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

I get why ATL fans are excited. Lightning in a bottle and he gives you 20pt-quarter potential.

But I feel this type of thread was more appropriate for HIM instead of Luka. 5 months ago, 2 months ago, now.

Meanwhile we got the tubby Euro gawd who's pudgy frame can absorb unlimited contact and finds ways to persevere with his 10" vertical.

trae young is high risk high reward, if he turns into steph curry, then the hawks get steph curry, if he is a bust we get zion

mavs are 13th in the western conference, they beat a warriors team without steph and they infighting, the hawks aint trying to be the hawks of the 90s, they trying to win a championship, being the 4th or 5th seed aint winning a title

Last edited:

pcg

Pro
Daps

:russ:

pcg

Pro
Daps
trae young is high risk high reward, if turns into steph curry, then the hawks get steph curry, if he is a bust we get zion

mavs are 13th in the western conference, they beat a warriors team without steph and they infighting, the hawks aint trying to be the hawks of the 90s, they trying to win a championship, being the 4th or 5th seed aint winning a title
u making it sound like everything is going as planned. :mjgrin: nah breh, atl fukked up on that trade so far. :mjgrin:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
u making it sound like everything is going as planned. :mjgrin: nah breh, atl fukked up on that trade so far. :mjgrin:
we tanking what don't YOU understand, and we got in extra pick, i hope dallas do make the playoffs because we got to get that pick back, but not at 13th