Official Nas Thread

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
There is a silver lining to Hip Hop not living in the past. I feel it’s what has pushed the music and made it the number genre in the world.

Each generation of Hip Hop takes ownership of the music and creates a sound for their generation without too much regard for how the old school feels. Which for better or for worse, creates a different sound and keeps the music evolving.

I don’t want kids in 2019 going back and fronting like they get Kool Moe Dee like how white kids be fronting like they get the Beatles in 2019. I mean you can appreciate the old school, but I feel a lot of fans of other genres give props because they feel like they have to give props.

And this is coming from a “stuck in the 90s nikka”.

I gotta agree with Life Is Good. I don't have a problem with the sound of hip-hop evolving. It should and it has. My problem is that the actual art of rapping itself, and particularly lyricism, is devolving. And it feels like more and more everyday Nas gets disrespected by lames and smug hipster fakkits because he is a premier lyricist first and foremost. I find that shyt unacceptable.

Not that there aren't new rappers who can't spit their asses off, there are, but for every nice new rapper, there are twenty trash ones who are on some "fukk all that lyrical shyt" type of shyt. It's sad.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What does having number 1 songs or hot songs have to do with slander? Every artist gets slandered. Including Stevie, Prince, Whitney, Madonna & Michael Jackson, Jayz, Eminem, and Drake.

The problem with hip hop truly is the fans who think so low about the pioneers & what makes a hip hop artist/emcee relevant is reduced to how many hot or number one songs they had in their career. Nas don’t need to be respected by the “Lonzo type” music listeners of the world that only value you if the artist’s music makes them dance. These types of low level thinkers are not on Nas level for him to be appreciated by them at all.

Nas is appreciated by the Ivy League Institutes, Black Professional Scholars who write books about his talent and request his presence on their panels bc they appreciate his contribution to hip hop. Nas is appreciated by those who are the decision makers building the Universal Hip Hop Museum that Nas & his company Mass Appeal will have a a major part in shaping for the culture. The artist that so many deem important today won’t even be remembered 30 years from now. Nas legacy is beyond having a number 1 song. Nas is shaping the future of hip hop and his name is and will be stamped in books, fellowships, museum & the archives of historical institutions for future generations to research & read about.
Well said. Couldn't have said it better myself. Looking forward to what nas has for us next, because that lost tapes 2 is fire and I have been playing that ever since its release. Do you think he will release the album next year he was working on before the kanye record? I know he has bangers in stash and crazy features like he mentioned in a recent interview.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Nas doesn't have to worry about his place in hiphop history. All the new greats have heaped praise from J Cole, kendrick, Elzhi and Lupe and many of his foes/former foes from jayz, camron, 50cent and cormega have also bowed down. From underground rap circles to mainstream celebs, they know the deal:ahh:

Because he's the true God MC and everyone deep down knows this. He's not an industry plant who chased hits....yet somehow still managed to have a successful career. Which is an anomaly.

he's the definition of pure skill.

Even Pac and Big knew

Denzel knows

Jay Z's sister in law knows

50 cent knows

J- Lo knows

Even the Teacher KRS bows down

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/why-is-it-only-acceptable-to-stan-nas-on-thecoli.731230/

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
War against Love video dope

(also theres a pro-vaxx image in the vid, so people gotta chill with calling Nas an anti-vaxxer already)