Foul breeze
Legendary
Good morning
El chapo
Black president
Where y'all at
Stay dreaming stay schemin
Amongst king

Where Ya’ll At “technically” got released on a Def Jam Sessions Compilation album. Its on DSP’s

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
I Am is one of those albums that need to be extra examined because it had all those tracks that steve stoute intervened with after the leak, with glitzy beats and big name features/producers, compared to what Nas was working on for the tracks that remained on the album, so it sounded a bit disjointed with super-producer commercial hits and then the "life comes at you fast" sobering introspection after the fast life is over...the new gen probably didn't understand the egyptian themed direction that Nas was trying to do with life, trials and tribulations, and then resurrection to be a wise prophet after seeing the light and just liked the radio friendly half compared to the darker joints. IWW also had stoute intervention for the singles but kept most of the darker beats and mobb deep vibes as the album cuts. Steve revamped the original ether to what it is today and probably A&R'ed most of stillmatic's beat selection from the start so he gets his props, but Nas' columbia albums should be dissected between before and after steve stoute's intervention for what direction Nas was going, rapping on the OG beats compared to what ended up being some type of compromise for the tracks to be remixed, added r&b feature, and to be radio friendly/commercial to sell records or even cut from the final track listing, smh

I just want to know how far Nipsey got with that I Am documentary or if his estate have the script or the exclusive research somewhere that isn't easily accessible on the internet, for the footage asking around the people who worked on the project or Nas himself, or if someone can even take over that project any time soon

===

like there's 3 known versions of 'project windows/the game lives on' because of sample clearance issues, with and without ron isley's chorus and adlibs that overpowered what Nas was saying on record, etc...like how many times has Nas spazzed on the verses just for the invited hook singer or swizz beats being corny trying to get vocal credit/doing extra on the production just to fukk it up? the post production after the verses are laid either makes it phenomenal because whatever barebones beat that Nas rapped on is similar with a few added-in layers and the producer can work independently understanding Nas' direction when left to their own devices or they completely revamp everything due to sample clearance issues/scramble album deadline mode and the BPM sounds jarring, or words are drowned out, where the bars are hitting out of sequence from the downbeat whenever Nas decides to go off-roading with the rhyme schemes to add some extra twist and turns to his escapades that differentiates him from having predictable bars, like Hope's OG beat cannot catch up to when Nas did his precise rhyme patterns, and none of the DIY Hope remixes was ever on beat, smh, which is probably why the recent DJ Premier's beat only had a simple motif and Nas can be complicated with his raps by not having his rhyme pattern hit on the downbeat of the long ass beat refrain every time like the dr suess/rhyme dictionary raps that everyone else is doing, or whenever these new rappers decide to shoehorn multisyllabic phrases that rhymed together into sentence structure but barely made sense or you know deep down they didn't mean any of that slick talking because they never put their career in jeopardy or stuck their neck out or stood on any social activist messaging with any deeper meaning representing the real or for the people, so all these new rap attempts get trashed with the rest of them

similar to that recently bumped "Nas is Coming" thread, it's surprising how a Nas song that was fukked up by the post production or sounds jarring/overpowered by the invited r&b artist sounds so good when the acapellas are ripped or relayered properly with a suitable beat. If i had more time, I would probably rip and post the acapellas and the beats to every Nas song if it wasn't also for the copyright strikes, etc

Last edited:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Best of nas unrealesed joints

Déjà vu
Rise and fall
Worst enemy
Life is like a dice game
Wanna play rough
Sometimes I wonder
Talk of new york
The curse
Serious
Foul breeze
Legendary
Good morning
El chapo
Black president
Where y'all at
Amongst king
I would add High, Film and Death Anniversary

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I Am is one of those albums that need to be extra examined because it had all those tracks that steve stoute intervened with after the leak, with glitzy beats and big name features/producers, compared to what Nas was working on for the tracks that remained on the album, so it sounded a bit disjointed with super-producer commercial hits and then the "life comes at you fast" sobering introspection after the fast life is over...the new gen probably didn't understand the egyptian themed direction that Nas was trying to do with life, trials and tribulations, and then resurrection to be a wise prophet after seeing the light and just liked the radio friendly half compared to the darker joints. IWW also had stoute intervention for the singles but kept most of the darker beats and mobb deep vibes as the album cuts. Steve revamped the original ether to what it is today and probably A&R'ed most of stillmatic's beat selection from the start so he gets his props, but Nas' columbia albums should be dissected between before and after steve stoute's intervention for what direction Nas was going, rapping on the OG beats compared to what ended up being some type of compromise for the tracks to be remixed, added r&b feature, and to be radio friendly/commercial to sell records or even cut from the final track listing, smh

I just want to know how far Nipsey got with that I Am documentary or if his estate have the script or the exclusive research somewhere that isn't easily accessible on the internet, for the footage asking around the people who worked on the project or Nas himself, or if someone can even take over that project any time soon

===

like there's 3 known versions of 'project windows/the game lives on' because of sample clearance issues, with and without ron isley's chorus and adlibs that overpowered what Nas was saying on record, etc...like how many times has Nas spazzed on the verses just for the invited hook singer or swizz beats being corny trying to get vocal credit/doing extra on the production just to fukk it up? the post production after the verses are laid either makes it phenomenal because whatever barebones beat that Nas rapped on is similar with a few added-in layers and the producer can work independently understanding Nas' direction when left to their own devices or they completely revamp everything due to sample clearance issues and the BPM sounds jarring, or words are drowned out, where the bars are hitting out of sequence from the downbeat whenever Nas decides to go off-roading with the rhyme schemes to add some extra twist and turns to his escapades that differentiates him from having predictable bars, like Hope's OG beat cannot catch up to when Nas did his precise rhyme patterns, and none of the DIY Hope remixes was ever on beat, smh, which is probably why the recent DJ Premier's beat only had a simple motif and Nas can be complicated with his raps by not having his rhyme pattern hit on the downbeat of the long ass beat refrain every time like the dr suess raps that everyone else is doing

similar to that recently bumped "Nas is Coming" thread, it's surprising how a Nas song that was fukked up by the post production or sounds jarring/overpowered by the invited r&b artist sounds so good when the acapellas are ripped or relayered properly with a suitable beat. If i had more time, I would probably rip and post the acapellas and the beats to every Nas song if it wasn't also for the copyright strikes, etc

I don’t think Nipsey got into the shooting/footage phase of the documentary. He probably was in the “preliminary research” phase because he was dialoging with Steve Stoute and had gotten Nas blessing. I don’t think they were in full production.

IWasntMadeToPlayTheSon

Mutant Mindframe
Daps
Reppin
Concrete, Concrete like Greg Street

if people really were to dig in and play this game, this would take another 10-20 pages on the Nas thread

I am…

Intro
NYSOM2
Hate me now
Small world
Favor for a favor
You won’t see me tonight
Life is what you make it
Nas is like
Money is my bytch
Undying love

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Stillmatic 10 tracks:
Intro
The Flyest
Ether
Destroy & Rebuild
What Goes Around
Every Ghetto
Rewind
2nd Childhood
You're da Man
One Mic

Life is Good 10 tracks
No Introduction
A Queens Story
You Wouldn't Understand
Back When
Daughters
Bye Baby
Cherry Wine
Trust
Where's the Love
Stay

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Best of nas unrealesed joints

Déjà vu
Rise and fall
Worst enemy
Life is like a dice game
Wanna play rough
Sometimes I wonder
Talk of new york
The curse
Serious
Foul breeze
Legendary
Good morning
El chapo
Black president
Where y'all at
Amongst king
You Don’t Know
Seeds Of Heaven
Stay Chiseled (solo version)
My Will

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I am…

Intro
NYSOM2
Hate me now
Small world
Favor for a favor
You won’t see me tonight
Life is what you make it
Nas is like
Money is my bytch
Undying love
Intro
NYSOM2
Hate Me Now
Small World
We Will Survive
Favor For A Favor
You Won't See Me Tonight
Life Is What You Make It
Nas Is Like
Undying Love

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many of y’all remember this?

Somebody in the comments said “Watching Nas act is like watching Al Pacino rap”

😆, there’s no reference point for the Al rapping part (nig might be nice for all we know, he’s 80 still out here impregnating 20-somethings, 🤷🏽‍♂️) but I still got it and still laughed lol..

He wasn’t terrible in this clip tho, I could tell he got a coach and was working on it

Last edited: