Official NOPE Thread

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Just watched it. I enjoyed it.

I was able to avoid all spoilers so I went on blind and was pleasantly surprised.

The dualities were clear and DK and Keke did their thing.

3.5/5 - enough to keep me interested in the next peele project.
You probably enjoy Tyler Perry movies as well :scust:

Avisible Man

The animal that Hughve Hefner created
Daps
I might watch it again what’s it streaming on?
I think HBO Max

Prime Video. Universal has a deal where the new movies stream on Peacock for x-amount of months before they go to Prime. It's why The Northman, The Black Phone, Ambulance and Beast are also on Prime now.

Screenshot-20230417-233921.png

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Finally watched. Good at times but very mediocre overall. My thing is if you do an alien flick with the aliens flying around in ships and saucers then without question the military and government will be heavily involved and all over the screen and storyline. With this smaller type budget feel this should've been perfect for an individual alien or aliens lurking in the shadows or woods tormenting or trying to befriend them or whatever type flick. I didn't get that vast open tree-less baron terrain for this film. All those people murdered at Jupe's show- this would be a huge HUGE story, crime scene, and government lockdown. Its too big of a concept and to be locked in to only 4-6 people.

It built up really strong in the beginning though and when those aliens popped up in the horse stables -they were Jupe's kids but I didn't know this at the time- I was like "Oh sh*t, Peele is on to something!" But once the reveal came the movie fell flat and was back to square one imo. Then their scared to death when the alien is whil'n out and pouring blood all over their house at night but then they're back chillin in same house calmly eating dinner and figuring out what to do next. Keke Palmer was a cartoon character, I liked Daniel's performance. Flick was way too long with a disappointing alien reveal at the end. Good ideals but I just don't see it with this one.