Official Student Debt Cancellation Watch Thread

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
:ohhh: I’m at like 80 right now. The pause counting as payments was a fukking cheat code. It would be an honor to have my loans forgiven under the 2024-2028 Biden administration :blessed:
I hope in this negotiated rule making process they put out another cheat code. Something innovative with the Higher Education Act

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Anyone signed up for that SAVE repayment?
I did because I read this section of their documentation.

"Borrowers with original principal balances of $12,000 or less will receive forgiveness of any remaining balance after making ten years of payments, with the maximum repayment period before forgiveness rising by one year for every additional $1,000 borrowed. For example, if your original principal balance is $14,000, you will see forgiveness after 12 years. Payments made previously (before 2024) and those made from now on will count toward these maximum forgiveness timeframes."

I graduated college in 2014 wigh less than $12k so I figure let me pay these loans again a few more times until 10 years hits.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
I did because I read this section of their documentation.

"Borrowers with original principal balances of $12,000 or less will receive forgiveness of any remaining balance after making ten years of payments, with the maximum repayment period before forgiveness rising by one year for every additional $1,000 borrowed. For example, if your original principal balance is $14,000, you will see forgiveness after 12 years. Payments made previously (before 2024) and those made from now on will count toward these maximum forgiveness timeframes."

I graduated college in 2014 wigh less than $12k so I figure let me pay these loans again a few more times until 10 years hits.
Rep. I graduated the same year. Did you selection the option to start paying now or keep the deferment? That's the pay I stopped on and asked this question

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Rep. I graduated the same year. Did you selection the option to start paying now or keep the deferment? That's the pay I stopped on and asked this question
I selected to start paying I think in October. And they had some incentive where you could pay a one time reduced amount for October so I put like $5 then I will pay the approximately $140 a month afterwards until I have 10 years in payments from what I understand.

And I think I read in a thread that the forbearance period counts as payments toward that number?

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
I selected to start paying I think in October. And they had some incentive where you could pay a one time reduced amount for October so I put like $5 then I will pay the approximately $140 a month afterwards until I have 10 years in payments from what I understand.

And I think I read in a thread that the forbearance period counts as payments toward that number?
I owe about $4300 and before the shutdown I was paying like $80 a month under the SAVE plan it will be $40. If they are going to forgive it after 10 years of the original loan, sounds good to me

jaydolf spitler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida

I'm done breh. This government is at war with itself

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
If they do that, a law should be passed that they have to pay for their own health care
They're hypocrites. Wish they could only make the average salary of the state/district they represent, but then we'd only end up with rich people in office. I mean I guess that's largely what we have now.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits