Official The Boys Season 1 Thread

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Based on a really solid comic book series by Garth Ennis.

‘The Boys’: Antony Starr, Chace Crawford, Dominique McElligott & Jessie Usher Cast In Amazon’s Superhero Drama Series

Based on the comic book by Garth Ennis (Preacher) and Darick Robertson and created by Supernatural creator and Timeless co-creator Eric Kripke, The Boys is set in a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame. It revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “the boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty. Preacher‘s Evan Goldberg and Seth Rogen are set to direct.
chace-crawford-nathan-mitchell.jpg

Starr will play Homelander, leader of the main superhero team, The Seven. McElligott plays Queen Maeve, member of The Seven. Usher will play another The Seven member, A-Train, a superhero faster than a speeding train. Crawford will play The Seven member The Deep, an aquatic hero. Mitchell plays Black Noir, a masked superhero with fighting and Set martial arts skills.

The project hails from Sony Pictures TV Studios, which will co-produce with Amazon, and Neal H. Moritz’s studio-based Original Films.

Kinda surprised that they've decided to cast the superheroes first, since they're technically side characters to the eponymous group, The Boys. Really curious to see who they cast for Butcher. In a perfect world, we would get Thomas Jane in that role.

Simon Pegg is probably too old to play Hughie now. I don't even know where they'd go for that since the role was literally written and drawn for him. Keep your eyes on this one brehs.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I'm pretty sure I walked by them shooting for this during the summer. They're shooting in Hamilton too:ohhh:

I was a fan of the books. shyt was nuts from beginning to end.:lolbron:

There's no way they put all that fukkery in the show.:dame:

They absolutely can't :mjlol:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I am guessing Simon Pegg was to busy for this, and I will say it again there is no way this can be remotely accurate.

In the comic you have a gay priest black pedophile who sodomises little boys and jokes about it with his baby eating psychopath Superhero friend who murders for the fun of it.

Besides after what they did to the preacher my interest is not there.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I actually love how they adapted Preacher so I'll check this show out. I need to finish the comic series though I'm about halfway there.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Premise sounds interesting. Will check it out and probably the comic too.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Was a big fan of the comics when I read it like a decade back.
Though Im sure it hasnt aged well since it had a lot of edgelord 2000s cynic shyt in it

I was hoping they'd cast Simon Pegg as Hughy given he was the inspiration of the character

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Was a big fan of the comics when I read it like a decade back.
Though Im sure it hasnt aged well since it had a lot of edgelord 2000s cynic shyt in it

I was hoping they'd cast Simon Pegg as Hughy given he was the inspiration of the character
I started reading it earlier this year

I find it funny as fukk lol