Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
How is the Dr Strange cameo forced? His job is to literally keep tabs on all the magical shyt going on in his area.

It'd have been weird if he didn't notice Loki showing up in NY.
I guess...just felt shoehorned in there. Very brief. I enjoyed it in spite of that.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
So saw it yesterday and first and furthermore this is a comedy/drama. I was underwhelmed with the tone. I knew it wld be funny but man it kinda got guardians with it and I liked the guardians series cuz I expect that shyt with them (though always rather they be space avengers and hated that dance shyt in the first) but when the first two thors tried to be serious and more grounded the scripts were ass so maybe this was needed. Now if you take the movie as it is then it’s great. Best humour of the mcu by far and it doesn’t feel off or corny like Gunn’s though it wld take from scenes at times and felt unnecessary but man shyt has me dyin and majority worked. I saw a parody pic of how Thor vs hulk wld go and when I saw it actually seem to happen in the film I was in tears
6T7QJLskV774SeyDvrQ-BWpA0wJeO49lmDSI6IwSNkw.jpg
. You can see how an improve based direction influenced the film. Serious more emotional moments did get to play out and added weight imo like Odin, Thor and Loki’s relationship and the whole Asgard is a people shyt. The cgi was bad for a blockbuster film and mcu flick took me out a lot, like seeing doctor strange solo then his role in this film the styles are way different even his portals look cheap as hell compared to his film (liked how he advanced his magic tho and the lil beef Loki had with him) things just looked off like the Norway scene with Odin wtf. idk how guardians could do a good cgi planet and space stuff but ragnarok cldnt....that’s not to say the Kirby style wasn’t appreciated. Thor got unerfed finally, liked the fights n stuff, hela was good such a diva. Hulks development was good, as well as banner he felt more socially awkward and a nerd lol. Surprised thor lost an eye tho. If you seen the leak Infinity war trailer you can kinda guess how the quote of Thor leading into it comes to play and how that leaked trailer gives us a hint as to how thor ends up with the guardians (also remember banner was in hulk form at the end of thor but the trailer shows banner at strange’s place so he getting beat too). Imma rewatch this a few, give it a 7. That bp trailer had my theater hyped.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I'll be honest, I didn't like any of the Thor movies and felt all the Marvel movies have been flabby lately.

But this movie is heat :wow:

It's up there with Iron Man 1 and Guardians of the Galaxy 1 :banderas:
this is the best Marvel flik for me right now.
this shyt was nonstop hilarious!
the CGi was a lil goofy at times, but for the overall feel of the movie it didnt really bother me none.
Hela was a pretty dope villain too imo.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I would have rather the entire movie be about Thor/Hulk/Valkyrie/Loki/The "prisoners with jobs" escaping Jeff Goldbloom's character tbh. That is where all of the energy of the film was. Maybe he could have chased them all the way to Asgard :yeshrug:

I'm kicking myself for not noticing that Matt Damon cameo:francis:

But I got moviepass so I'm gonna go watch it again for that scene. I might bounce afterwards:mjgrin:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
how many people live on Asgard?

oh and how did
Ray Stevenson and Zach Levi even come back for this movie? They couldn't fight Hela for like 45 seconds, and get a noble death? i thought that fukkin sucked to be honest. At least the Asian dude had a bit of a last stand.