Official Tom Clancy's Without Remorse Thread

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
The last mission impossible made back more than its budget. So maybe you're wrong?

Tom was doing action since the 80’s. He started doing them in his youth, which allows him to do them now. He’s ALREADY an action star. He’s not trying to become one at 60. We collectively bought into the idea of him being into a action star years ago. I know you get this. Listen, most of the things that come from Hollywood are loosely or directly related to archetypes. Rebel Wilson for example is never going to be a prime Julia Roberts type starlet. She’s atypical of that framing in most ways. The “hero” archetype is generally a really fit man either hulking/lean, moderate height to taller, and relatively youthful. We don’t generally imagine “heroes” to be short nor old men, socially. There’s a reason why when men do action they’re expected to get or be in shape. There’s a reason that a lot of roles these older actors are being hit with the de-aging technology. Are there some exceptions? Sure. But, in general we don’t imagine feeble men as the ideal of heroism. That’s societal. You can trace this back as far to the great tales from antiquity such as the Iliad, the Odyssey, the labors of Hercules, the epic of Gilgamesh, et al. Could JDW become an action star despite this? Sure. Would I count on it? Hell no. Do I think it will happen? No.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Tom was doing action since the 80’s. He started doing them in his youth, which allows him to do them now. He’s ALREADY an action star. He’s not trying to become one at 60. We collectively bought into the idea of him being into a action star years ago. I know you get this. Listen, most of the things that come from Hollywood are loosely or directly related to archetypes. Rebel Wilson for example is never going to be a prime Julia Roberts type starlet. She’s atypical of that framing in most ways. The “hero” archetype is generally a really fit man either hulking/lean, moderate height to taller, and relatively youthful. We don’t generally imagine “heroes” to be short nor old men, socially. There’s a reason why when men do action they’re expected to get or be in shape. There’s a reason that a lot of roles these older actors are being hit with the de-aging technology. Are there some exceptions? Sure. But, in general we don’t imagine feeble men as the ideal of heroism. That’s societal. You can trace this back as far to the great tales from antiquity such as the Iliad, the Odyssey, the labors of Hercules, the epic of Gilgamesh, et al. Could JDW become an action star despite this? Sure. Would I count on it? Hell no. Do I think it will happen? No.
Well his next movie is an action film. So we'll see.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Liam Neesen was old as shyt when he started in action.
Remember, he was the star of Darkman. Plus he did some other stuff back in the 80s

Last edited:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Rewarched this yesterday. Man it was good. MBJ was awesome in this joint. Breh was so unhinged at points it was great.
I need a muthafukkin sequel :damn:
That prison fight scene was so fukkin intense. The way he was getting ready for battle :whew:
This moved up into one of the more recent favorite action movies for me. It has rewatchability like a muafukka :banderas: