Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
‘True Detective’: HBO In Talks With Writers For Fourth Season – Deadline

Casey Bloys, chief content officer at HBO and HBO Max, told Deadline that it was hopeful of finding a new way in to the story.

“It’s safe to say we’re working with a couple of writers to find the right tone and take. It’s definitely an area that could be very interesting and I think it would be interesting with a new voice. Quality is what’s going to guide us so if we end up with scripts that we don’t feel are representative or are not at a high enough quality, we’re not going to do something just to do it,” he said.

I'm with it. Think it's unlikely Nic is brought back even after his FX show fell through, but new voices brought in could be a breath of fresh air. Sole writer, sole director please.

Sharp Objects and The Night Of have portrayed similar vibes to this show....it can be done again. :banderas:

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
‘True Detective’: HBO In Talks With Writers For Fourth Season – Deadline

I'm with it. Think it's unlikely Nic is brought back even after his FX show fell through, but new voices brought in could be a breath of fresh air. Sole writer, sole director please.

Sharp Objects and The Night Of have portrayed similar vibes to this show....it can be done again. :banderas:
What makes True Detective different would you say from other police whodunits? Is it being more existential than the average?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
What makes True Detective different would you say from other police whodunits? Is it being more existential than the average?
There's a feeling consistent in all three seasons of an overwhelming, hidden evil that can't be stopped. The protagonists can unravel a case layer by layer and only solve one part of the puzzle in the end. The ultimate realization that there's so much more corruption, lies, and evil beyond that can't be stopped is very real. The evil's out there, and will always be out there.

Walking a thin line teasing supernatural elements throughout the season while ultimately staying grounded in the end. I feel like other shows would've blown their load early with the Yellow King occultism.

The weight of the case being bigger than ever before seen, and you'd get this sense when you start seeing protagonists go to lengths a typical detective would never go to.

The settings of Louisiana, LA, and Arkansas Ozarks are just as big of characters as the rest of the cast. Those aerial sky shots in the first season did a great job of reminding the audience that Rust and Marty, as interesting of characters they are, are still two little fish in a big ocean.

At least to me, those are some elements that pop out that separate it from the ordinary procedural cop show.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Season 3 was good and a nice return to form. After how S2 went, that's all I really wanted. It's hard for both seasons to stand next to S1 since it's considered one of the best seasons in television history. :ld:

Last edited: