Official UFC 165 Thread: Jones vs. Gustafsson

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
-Jones via sub
-Barao will win, he is gonna be tough to beat at that weight, Cruz pre knee surgeries I think would give him fits but who knows what he'll be when/if he comes back
-Mitrione better not let himself get wrestlefukked like Lavar did, he can and should crack that glass jaw of Schaub
-Phillippou is going to put the hurt on Carmont
-like @meelad92 said Healy's experience is going to help him out I think, if I were a betting type i'd throw a few on him.

-P-

Change

All Star
Daps
Quick Predictions:

- Jones vs Gustaffson (Gus gets taken down and eventually subbed)
- Barao vs Wineland (Wineland is tough and has power, but Barao is the better fighter [standing and on the ground]. Barao via sub.)
- Mitrione vs Schaub (Meathead will stuff Schaub's TDs and TKO him.)
- Carmont vs Philippou (Carmont is on a two-fight robbery spree :heh: Tonight, his 'win' streak will end. Philippou avoids his ground game and takes the decision win.)
- Healy vs Nurmagomedov (Toss-up fight, I think either fighter is capable of winning. The odds are a little off IMO [Khabib is a -230 favorite] some money could be made on Healy. I think Healy takes it via being the more proven/experienced fighter.

exactly the same except I have Nurmagomedov winning. Should be good. I'm also looking forward to seeing Jury fukk Ricci up.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Undercard:

Myles Jury, Menjivar, Thompson, and Kimura all by decision

Pat Healy vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov

Real tough fight to pick. Probably the toss up of the night. Healy is tough and big as hell at 155lb( think hes only lost once). Looked real good against Jim Miller. I will go with Khabib because he is slightly better in striking and grappling. But if Healy can bring the pressure and work from the clinch it could go his way. FON here.

Costa Philippou vs. Francis Carmont

Carmont sucks and was gifted some decisions his last few fights. Hopefully Costa wil use his boxing/footwork to stay out of the clinch. Consta by decision

Brendan Schaub vs. Matt Mitrione

This could either be an exciting quick finish or a typical dull shytty fight between lower tier HW. Schaub is stuck in his career. His chin doesn't hold up and that death in that division. Plus his new gameplan of grappling of whatever the fukk that was he was doing against Lavar Johnson won't cut it. Mitrione should tap Schaub and end it quickly.

Renan Barao vs. Eddie Wineland

Wineland has solid cardio and good boxing but thats it. Barao is in another zone. Better grappler, striker, faster, etc. He should be able to take Wineland down eventually and when he does it over. Barao by sub in 3rd or 4th

Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson

Despite the advertisement, Jones still has 8 inches of reach. Gustafsson may be better striking and decent footwork but he is still hittable. I suspect Jones will stand with him just because he has a tendency to defeat opponents at their strengths. I believe Jones will still eventually get him down to the ground in the third or fourth and sub or TKO him

yo moms

drunk
Daps
easy work for jones. no challenge at all. jones will whoop him standing as well. how is gustafsson better standing? :dwillhuh:

bsmooth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quick Predictions:

- Jones vs Gustaffson (Gus gets taken down and eventually subbed)
- Barao vs Wineland (Wineland is tough and has power, but Barao is the better fighter [standing and on the ground]. Barao via sub.)
- Mitrione vs Schaub (Meathead will stuff Schaub's TDs and TKO him.)
- Carmont vs Philippou (Carmont is on a two-fight robbery spree :heh: Tonight, his 'win' streak will end. Philippou avoids his ground game and takes the decision win.)
- Healy vs Nurmagomedov (Toss-up fight, I think either fighter is capable of winning. The odds are a little off IMO [Khabib is a -230 favorite] some money could be made on Healy. I think Healy takes it via being the more proven/experienced fighter.

Took the words out of my mouth, I see the card playing out very similarly though also hoping for the Gus upset.

I think a lot of people are overlooking that Barao/Wineland fight, 2 guys who like to move forward and strike with power you don't normally see in 135'ers.

hazardous

All Star
Daps
I got a feeling Meathead will catch Schaub coming in and knock him out.

I don't see him getting taken down as easily as Lavar did.

Change

All Star
Daps
Does anyone here even think Gus will land a significant strike?

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gus will win a max of a minute combined of this fight, will probably be taken down and elbowed a lot or subbed in the first. Jones is truly the GOAT and it's been recognizable since Bader/Shogun.

bsmooth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nandor+Guelmino+vs.+Daniel+Omielanczuk+3.gif