Mike Rhodes vs. George Sullivan

PRELIMINARY CARD
(UFC Fight Pass, 4:30 p.m. ET)

Walt Harris vs. Nikita Krylov

Thoughts? Predictions?

Change

All Star
Daps
I don't like either of these motherfukkers. Not sure who to cheer for.

If Thomson wins he's guaranteed the title shot but if Bendo wins Gilbert Melendez will probably get the shot (even though it won't be for months)

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
This show is such dog shyt on paper esp for a Fox card. Very weak undercard. Elkins and Cerrone(they are so desperate trying to groom him into a contender) are in showcase fights. Stipe/Gonzaga is :manny: Bendo vs Thompson should be solid but I just can't get excited for either one.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

If Thomson wins he's guaranteed the title shot but if Bendo wins Gilbert Melendez will probably get the shot (even though it won't be for months)

The 155lb division went to shyt fast over the last year. :snoop:

Change

All Star
Daps
This show is such dog shyt on paper esp for a Fox card. Very weak undercard. Elkins and Cerrone(they are so desperate trying to groom him into a contender) are in showcase fights. Stipe/Gonzaga is :manny: Bendo vs Thompson should be solid but I just can't get excited for either one.

I think Elkins is going to get fukked up.

The Infamous

Superstar
Daps

Why the hate for Bendo?

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
It's been backed up because of Pettis' injury, but the division itself, is still very strong.

Its not even just that. Grant is still out with his concussion(which must be severe. He may have to retire) Bendo is stuck in that JDS/Tate role where he has two loses to the champ and wont get a shot for a while so hes treading water. Gil who knows whats up. He has some contract dispute which will of course get resolved but when will that happen. Thompson is just not elite. Hes basically a contender by default. Khabib still needs that victory over a good ranked opponent

Change

All Star
Daps
Why the hate for Bendo?

I used to be a huge fan and then i rewatched all his ufc fights last week and while watching them something about him just bugged me more and more each fight. He started playing it too safe and trying to sell bullshyt in the cage. Trying to play the game too much about what landed and what didn't and trying to sway the judges.

it's hard to explain. A lot of people don't like him for his god speeches but i don't give a shyt about any fighter that does that. Just one of those things where someones face starts bugging you. lol. I'm still somewhat of a fan though.

I don't like Thomson either.

Change

All Star
Daps
Its not even just that. Grant is still out with his concussion(which must be severe. He may have to retire) Bendo is stuck in that JDS/Tate role where he has two loses to the champ and wont get a shot for a while so hes treading water. Gil who knows whats up. He has some contract dispute which will of course get resolved but when will that happen. Thompson is just not elite. Hes basically a contender by default. Khabib still needs that victory over a good ranked opponent

It's all done now. Gil signed his new contract a few days ago.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I used to be a huge fan and then i rewatched all his ufc fights last week and while watching them something about him just bugged me more and more each fight. He started playing it too safe and trying to sell bullshyt in the cage. Trying to play the game too much about what landed and what didn't and trying to sway the judges.

it's hard to explain. A lot of people don't like him for his god speeches but i don't give a shyt about any fighter that does that. Just one of those things where someones face starts bugging you. lol. I'm still somewhat of a fan though.

I don't like Thomson either.

Hes a point fighter whos mastered the rules imo. People give shyt to GSP but he dominates fights outright while trying to finish(most of the times at least) to leave no doubt. Bendo was just coasting and not taking any risk, knowing that if he did enough and kept it close the judges would give him the decision because title changes rarely happen in those situations(esp nowadays)

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Cerrone looked skeletal at the weigh ins today btw. Does he ever cut weight properly?