Official Watchmen Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
youre wrong ill explain why.

If people b*stardized your work and stole YOUR creations youd bytch bytch bytch too.

Watchmen’s rights were to revert back to moore after the books print run which is WHY he created new characters instead of reusing the classic charlton characters.

Moore wanted to create a one off CLASSIC story in Which the characters would prolly never be revisted; unless by him becaus again, after the books print run he would own the rights with his partner.

DC essentially tricked him because they NEVER took the book out of print and never will so they retain the rights and now are b*stardizing HIS characters. This isnt normal.. no graphic novel has stayed in print for 30 years continuously EXCEPT watchmen. Its popular. But not THAT popular.

And then he returned when dc bought the conpany he worked for, after being mad they swindled him and fukked with his books again because they didnt like the statemenys he was making in his writing.

Moore has every reason to not wanna work with DC or help them make money.

No I'm not wrong. I'm saying he's paid, which he is. If not from this, then from his other works. Moore isn't broke. But the ultimate point is, after a while, stop bytching which is what I would do. I don't want to be or wouldn't want to be that person who created something dope and constantly bytched about it until I was blue in the face; the shyt isn't cool after a while. There are two ways to handle the situation, with grace and the way he's handled it. I'd choose the former

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
No I'm not wrong. I'm saying he's paid, which he is. If not from this, then from his other works. Moore isn't broke. But the ultimate point is, after a while, stop bytching which is what I would do. I don't want to be or wouldn't want to be that person who created something dope and constantly bytched about it until I was blue in the face; the shyt isn't cool after a while. There are two ways to handle the situation, with grace and the way he's handled it. I'd choose the former

So because he has money its ok for DC to abuse the relatiOnship and break their word over vague wording of a contract?

You can be cool with disrespect cause you got paid for it brother but we all aint that way. Some or us have a backbone. And you talking like they threw money at him which we know in the comic industry just DONT happen. Whenever a creator becomes bigger than the book they fukk them out they work snd pay then peanuts.

How many names do i have to list that went to war for their creations in comics? Alan moore might have miney he dony have MILLIONS to fight the battle for HIS art. And when yiu don’t ya u get abused. Happens in comics. Happens in film. Happens in music. Happens in wrestling, sports, etc.

Its easy to say youd mak the right decision with 20/20 hindsight, zero experienc in the industry, etc...but not everyone excuses blatant disrespect cause they have they arent poor. Isnt he lucky...

And calling dude grumpy and a bytch over it ainy a good look. You dont agree fine but you have no more insight than anyone else in a situation that involved DC and him. Maybe DC went hard against him, hurt his career, etc. you assume its as simple as “he grumpy” but is it ever that simple?

Honestly i dont see how you could choose a corporation with a history of doing shyt like this, fukking writers, etc and goto bat for them against one of the best comic book writers of this generation that says he been wronged.

Does his random complaints upset you? The only way i see you being like This is if you u a DC fanboy.

Im literally flabbergasted at your reasoning. Its cool for DC to abuse artists and they shouod shut up long as they have a decent amount of money in their checking.

You are ridiculously wrong and your reason to diss alan moore is just ... dumb with zero basis in reality, with zero emotion.

Ill remembe Next time a pLatinum artist complains about their label ruining their albums to remember they should shut up and be happy the labels even fukked with them. Lmao. Wow.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So because he has money its ok for DC to abuse the relatiOnship and break their word over vague wording of a contract?

You can be cool with disrespect cause you got paid for it brother but we all aint that way. Some or us have a backbone. And you talking like they threw money at him which we know in the comic industry just DONT happen. Whenever a creator becomes bigger than the book they fukk them out they work snd pay then peanuts.

How many names do i have to list that went to war for their creations in comics? Alan moore might have miney he dony have MILLIONS to fight the battle for HIS art. And when yiu don’t ya u get abused. Happens in comics. Happens in film. Happens in music. Happens in wrestling, sports, etc.

Its easy to say youd mak the right decision with 20/20 hindsight, zero experienc in the industry, etc...but not everyone excuses blatant disrespect cause they have they arent poor. Isnt he lucky...

And calling dude grumpy and a bytch over it ainy a good look. You dont agree fine but you have no more insight than anyone else in a situation that involved DC and him. Maybe DC went hard against him, hurt his career, etc. you assume its as simple as “he grumpy” but is it ever that simple?

Honestly i dont see how you could choose a corporation with a history of doing shyt like this, fukking writers, etc and goto bat for them against one of the best comic book writers of this generation that says he been wronged.

Does his random complaints upset you? The only way i see you being like This is if you u a DC fanboy.

Im literally flabbergasted at your reasoning. Its cool for DC to abuse artists and they shouod shut up long as they have a decent amount of money in their checking.

You are ridiculously wrong and your reason to diss alan moore is just ... dumb with zero basis in reality, with zero emotion.

Ill remembe Next time a pLatinum artist complains about their label ruining their albums to remember they should shut up and be happy the labels even fukked with them. Lmao. Wow.
And that's the same guy whenever Stan Lee is brought up has to slight him by how he wasn't exactly fair to Jack Kirby. But he claims impartiality in comic book discussions. :martin:

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
And that's the same guy whenever Stan Lee is brought up has to slight him by how he wasn't exactly fair to Jack Kirby. But he claims impartiality in comic book discussions. :martin:
Im just happy im not crazy. People be saying the wildest shyt on here as absolute fact that make me go Like “wtf”...lmao.

Then again i remember m n him aguing cause i said how the new terminator looked like a feminist piece and i was told i was wrong there too until i went on youtube and seen a dozen videos of terminator fans saying same thing. Shame he a mod at that with such blatantly off opinions.

Shiggs coming through dropping the facts. Any comic book fan wouod say what we saying. Dude caping for DC like its a friend of his lmao.

This place truly is bizzzaro world sometimes. Guess we shouldnt tell him what DC did to kirby too. Lmao

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

First off homie look at the avatar, lol I aint a DC fanboy. I just don't like artists complaining all the time about age old beefs. Even rappers don't do that shyt after a while. They find a way to make more money, they sue, or they shut up about it and move on. The ones who do constantly complain and bytch and moan end up being bitter and don't contribute anything more to the culture and their music suffers. The shyt isn't becoming to me.

Does he have a right to moan and complain initially? Yes of course. But to keep the shyt going year after year, decade after decade, the shyt just gets to a point where he becomes more known for complaining than for his work, which is exemplary and continues to impact artists and fans.

King is a good example. He doesn't like Kubrick's version of the shining; he hates it. He bytched about it initially and he had every right to do so. But then eventually he realized there was room for his version of the shining AND Kubrick's and that Kubrick's version impacted a lot of lives and meant a lot to a lot of people. Moore may not like the movie version of Watchmen or V for Vendetta but Watchmen in particular has a lot of fans and has clearly impacted a lot of people. So while it may not be his cup of tea, it may mean the world to someone else and there is room for both of those. Marvel hasn't always treated Stan Lee the greatest and there's plenty of real ink and digital ink spilled on the subject; shyt the haven't always treated any of their creators the best. But those creators find a way to vent and then move on. Macfarlane didn't like the way he was being treated by Marvel so he packed his bags and started his own company and took a bunch of Marvel all star artists with him.

I'm not saying the shyt is cool; I'm saying after a while, you as an artist gotta do what you gotta do. Nas didn't like how Columbia was treating him so he bounced when he could. Plenty of rappers and singers and actors and writers have been in similar situations. Moore had/has enough clout to do what Macfarlane and Jim Lee did and start his own shyt and do what he wanted to do and try to make the situation better for other creators who felt enslaved to the big two. He didn't. He felt his time was best served to count his money while also complaining so to me, that feels like a case of having his cake and eating it too while also not letting any new fan enjoy whatever new fruits come from what he and Dave Gibbons did. Gibbons, on the other hand, has handled the shyt in a way where he doesn't alienate anyone new, he does his best to work with people like Snyder or Lindeloff, and wants the things to succeed.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Im just happy im not crazy. People be saying the wildest shyt on here as absolute fact that make me go Like “wtf”...lmao.

Then again i remember m n him aguing cause i said how the new terminator looked like a feminist piece and i was told i was wrong there too until i went on youtube and seen a dozen videos of terminator fans saying same thing. Shame he a mod at that with such blatantly off opinions.

Shiggs coming through dropping the facts. Any comic book fan wouod say what we saying. Dude caping for DC like its a friend of his lmao.

This place truly is bizzzaro world sometimes. Guess we shouldnt tell him what DC did to kirby too. Lmao

First off don't "he" me breh..you can tag me directly if you got some shyt to say to me. I ain't hard to find.

Secondly, im not a mod so for someone talking about facts and being right or wrong, you should start with getting yours right.

Thirdly, so because a bunch of youtube fans have different OPINIONS than me, I'm wrong? Okay. Look if you want to live your life based on what Youtube commenters say especially when it comes to anything with women in it, then that's your right but that's not how I live. And if I remember the conversation correctly, I told you Arnold is in the movie because 1, he said he was in it, 2, his name was announced in the press release for the movie, and 3, he was filming when that photo came out. And I found all that out just using Google.

And lastly, according to Cameron, Terminator has always been a female driven franchise, which is why he made his main character a woman. These are his words, not mine. But also why I was shocked that the entire internet was shocked and surprised that he has three main female characters in his movie. Almost as if none of the other shyt happened.

So again we can have that convo again and you can cite YouTubers as the paradigms of logic and opinion, or we can deal in facts and statements given by the creator. And you can tag me next time or DM me if you want to do it like gentlemen. Choice is yours

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
youre wrong ill explain why.

If people b*stardized your work and stole YOUR creations youd bytch bytch bytch too.

Watchmen’s rights were to revert back to moore after the books print run which is WHY he created new characters instead of reusing the classic charlton characters.
That isn't why he created all new characters (that are all based on Charlton Comics characters btw) doe Watchmen. The plan was to use the Charlton characters but at the last minute DC editorial decided they wanted to be able to use those characters in the primary DCU and felt that after being in Watchmen they would be unusable in the rest of their comics line.
So Moore created characters loosely based off of Blue Beetle, Capt. Atom, Nightshade, Peacemaker etc. for Watchmen and DC included the actual character into the Crisis on Infinite Earths miniseries shortly after.