Official We Own This City Season 1 Thread

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Just ran across a documentary on Prime about this, has anyone seen it yet?
Six episodes ran on hbo max last April, either you have hbo max or you don't.

To honestly answer the question, I watched the first five but I got an issue with ppl destroying themselves even if they dead wrong. So I didn't enjoy it as much as others

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Six episodes ran on hbo max last April, either you have hbo max or you don't.

To honestly answer the question, I watched the first five but I got an issue with ppl destroying themselves even if they dead wrong. So I didn't enjoy it as much as others
I watched the series already, I’m talking about a documentary that was recently released on Amazon Prime that is about the same exact topic

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Honestly Jenkins is the worst kinda of sociopath where he is somewhat likable. When he took charge and went down and helped his fellow cops during the riots, got the injured out, and then fed everyone out of his own pockets (most likely with all the stolen cash but still). Every time he was on screen I was like damn I probably would be with the shyts too if I was in his unit. He made it seem like it wasn’t really a crime. Great show overall. I think the added on appeal is like what y’all been saying: seeing Wire/Corner/HBO tv alumni in basically inverse roles but they still kinda have some of the same traits. Poot still a grunt, Marlo is still sort of commanding but more friendly, dookie still a kind smart and lovable kid but now with a job and no lice. It’s a great show….
bruh was entertaining but wasn't likeable at all imo
I'd hate to work for him

Hes the cool boss, whose utterly unqualified
I'd be looking at him like goddamn if this dumbass is in charge I wouldn't take any of it seriously

Black Trash!

Daps
Reppin
Na
these piece of shyt cops got some nerve to get mad when the people they are paid to protect finally rise up against their bullshyt and corruption that they've used to terrorize citizens for decades.
Worst part is they don't even live in the city

Black Trash!

Daps
Reppin
Na
no-no-no-wait-wait-wait.gif
I love dudes crackhead energy

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
that wire thread had me reading up on the wire on Reddit and somewhere Chase said this was close to a season 6 of the wire as will happen? :patrice:
Bro is he telling us that this was where the story would have gone if they got a 6th season? Remember the a$$hole cop that stole the ring? With the addition of the media and political storylines and it being just as important as the police (if not as important) could they have been about to start showing the corrupt side?:ohhh:

I could have sworn they were talking about giving Carcetti his own spinoff show, I might be mistaken but I could swear I was something said even if it were just rumor.