Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know Fulanis have more elongated features. But what "distinctive look" do you mean? Maybe @Mhofu can add as he is a expect in defining phenotypes of African people.

By distinctive I mean you can tell them when you see them. I did notice the enlongated features and it seems like the Mande women have them too.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Someone told me that Sira Kante and Mariama Diallo are Mandinka and not Fulani and so the bolded may hold true.

Kante is definitely a Mandinka name. It is like Kinte and Keita. They definitely have enlogated faces. What is really weird is that I can almost see the shape of the heads of some people and be able to tell if they are Mande. Take a look at the shape of the heads of Tupac, Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. At first I thought I was tripping, but those dudes have the same enlongated shaped heads.

:childplease::pachaha::mjcry:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Kante is definitely a Mandinka name. It is like Kinte and Keita. They definitely have enlogated faces. What is really weird is that I can almost see the shape of the heads of some people and be able to tell if they are Mande. Take a look at the shape of the heads of Tupac, Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant. At first I thought I was tripping, but those dudes have the same enlongated shaped heads.

Well I heard Tupac may have Tuareg ancestry but yea those three definitely do look Mandinka. As for "Kante" I do know it is a common name throughout the Islamic West Africa like Diallo or Keita. However, I never knew it was specifically Mandinka.:ohhh:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well I heard Tupac may have Tuareg ancestry but yea those three definitely do look Mandinka. As for "Kante" I do know it is a common name throughout the Islamic West Africa like Diallo or Keita. However, I never knew it was specifically Mandinka.:ohhh:

Yeah the Keitas are the royal family of the Mandinkas. That is Mansas Sundiata and Musa last name.

I am pretty sure Diallo is Fulani. Maybe I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that indicates Fulani.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Yeah the Keitas are the royal family of the Mandinkas. That is Mansas Sundiata and Musa last name.

I am pretty sure Diallo is Fulani. Maybe I am wrong, but I am pretty sure that indicates Fulani.
Yea Diallo does sound Fulani. Anyways surprised you just found out about this thread.

Edit:

What is Mariama?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Gotta post her again... Ivory Coast/@joyceappia :wow:
Vn2IDjV.jpg

ZrkS7hQ.jpg

QkiO4r4.gif

caz3RFg.jpg

pdqCc5N.jpg

3HmDsG2.jpg

PAhI9CE.jpg

OgDEIYV.gif

XsZyCT8.jpg

LB7ZON1.jpg

pzFv3gH.gif

XAbJzpp.jpg

ITgyQzI.jpg

tnjh3Ip.jpg

KI0gulF.jpg

Vawz6n5.jpg

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps

Lol I've always said Michael Jordan look like a breh straight from Gambia/Senegal/Guinea/

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gotta post her again... Ivory Coast/@joyceappia :wow:
Vn2IDjV.jpg

ZrkS7hQ.jpg

QkiO4r4.gif

caz3RFg.jpg

pdqCc5N.jpg

3HmDsG2.jpg

PAhI9CE.jpg

OgDEIYV.gif

XsZyCT8.jpg

LB7ZON1.jpg

pzFv3gH.gif

XAbJzpp.jpg

ITgyQzI.jpg

tnjh3Ip.jpg

KI0gulF.jpg

Vawz6n5.jpg

Even before I saw the Akan headware on that woman I could tell that she was not Mande or Fulani, because had a rounder head shape. I am guessing that since she in the Ivory Coast then she is Baoule or Abron/Brong. Based on this lady's look I wonder if Serena and Venus Williams are Akan.