OxlEEHl.jpg

xMycdMf.jpg

pI605b5.jpg

wgpDHK7.jpg

XF9e8wH.gif

ZG6cZ44.jpg

YcyIk0x.jpg

@Samori Toure @Premeditated @Mhofu Feel free to classify.:ehh:

She looks like a Fulani/Mande mix. You can see here elongated features, including the shape of her head. @Mhofu is correct though in that Mande, Fulani, and other Sahelian people have enlongated features. I would add Hausa people into that group too. Take a look at this African American that got a DNA result from African Ancestry. He is Hausa on his dad's line. He is Hausa and Yoruba on his mom's side. Take a look at the way his head is shaped. It is shaped just like other Sahelian people.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hmm? A more robust looking Guinean woman... I like it.

I am going to go out on a limb and say she is a Susu/Fulani mix. I met a woman that could have been her twin in Sierra Leone. The woman was originally from Guinea.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Yep and the Mande people are also all the way over in Bukina Faso, Northern Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Mali and Liberia.
Facts. Mande people are basically the originators of everybody on the west anyway. Most people in Mali are Bambabaraa which is from Mande, Wolofs<-Sereers<-Mande, etc etc

People on the francophone side don't really use this term to designate groups that strayed away from traditional Mande culture, but I noticed that on the anglophone side it's common

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Facts. Mande people are basically the originators of everybody on the west anyway. Most people in Mali are Bambabaraa which is from Mande, Wolofs<-Sereers<-Mande, etc etc

People on the francophone side don't really use this term to designate groups that strayed away from traditional Mande culture, but I noticed that on the anglophone side it's common
The Bambara people I heard descend from a noble class of Mandinka people from the Mali empire. But man... The Mande people are so damn powerful in West Africa especially with the political clout they have. However, I wouldn't say everybody in West Africa descends from the Mande. If anything the region of West Africa was populated by different groups throughout different periods. But.... I have a theory that outside of Pygmy like groups(the original coastal West Africans) that the Mande and Fulanis were among the FIRST to reach West Africa from the Sahara after the drying of it especially from settlements like Dhar Tichit in Mauritania. There's actually theories that certain West African haplogroups like E-M2 originated in North Africa but that a story for another time. I believe West African groups like the Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Fon, etc are more recent.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I ain't been through the whole thread, but without those lenses...? She has my vote:wow:
tbh much better looking hitters have been posted whether dark or light.:ehh:

Anyways I'm surprised you West Africans haven't posted in here like that. Meanwhile the Bantus and ADOS been going hard in our threads.:mjpls:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Bambara people I heard descend from a noble class of Mandinka people from the Mali empire. But man... The Mande people are so damn powerful in West Africa especially with the political clout they have. However, I wouldn't say everybody in West Africa descends from the Mande. If anything the region of West Africa was populated by different groups throughout different periods. But.... I have a theory that outside of Pygmy like groups(the original coastal West Africans) that the Mande and Fulanis were among the FIRST to reach West Africa from the Sahara after the drying of it especially from settlements like Dhar Tichit in Mauritania. There's actually theories that certain West African haplogroups like E-M2 originated in North Africa but that a story for another time. I believe West African groups like the Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Fon, etc are more recent.

From the research that I have seen the Yoruba are not recent. They are actually very old. I think that they maybe the oldest group in West Africa. I am not sure if the Fon are Yoruba, but I think that they might have some kind of genetic or historical connection to the Yoruba.

I seem to recall reading that the Hausa people are Chadic. So they are not even originally from West Africa. I read a research paper once that indicated that their language is very closely related to the language spoken in Kemet. So they might have Egyptian roots, which would might why Black people that take genetic tests will have some random strain from Sudan in their DNA results. That seems to point to their origin being in the Sahel.

I don't know where the Igbo people are from, but some people speculate that they are semi-Bantu. I don't know how true it is, but the Bantu migration seems to started from their region near the Nigerian and Cameroon borders.

Mande, Fulani, Serer, Wolof and Berbers are definitely Sahelian. Berbers are in North Africa as well, but their range is also clearly down into Sahel. All of those groups have very long history together. IMO the Akan, Ewe and Ga/Dagomba people histories are a little unclearer. Finally, genetic testing is really confusing the Hell out of people, because it is giving them some kind of phony modern State as an indicator of ethnicity rather than the actual ethnic groups that they belong too. Mande people for example extend all the way into Northern Nigeria just like the Fulani, but people are just getting Nigerian as a result and it is not clear if Nigerian is for those groups or for Yoruba, Igbo, etc. . . .

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
For sure. I got too hyperbolic. But several groups that we describe in a separate manner today can be traced back to them and were Mande segments that went and did their own thing.

That plus the mixing... Everybody has a little of everything.

The Ndaw for example were a Mande subset that supported Mbegane Ndour (Mande father and Sereer mother) in his conquest of the Sine, and received the Ndoucoumane land in exchange. Today, they're not considered strictly Mande even if there are Mande amongst them (tricky but I hope I make myself clear. Differences in terminology between English and French on the topic don't help).

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
From the research that I have seen the Yoruba are not recent. They are actually very old. I think that they maybe the oldest group in West Africa. I am not sure if the Fon are Yoruba, but I think that they might have some kind of genetic or historical connection to the Yoruba.
Eh.... Stuyff I read on Yoruba seems to hint they are recent. Proto-Mande and Fulani groups were living on the edges of West Africa in North Africa since the holoscene and archaeology seems to back that up. As for the Yoruba they seemed to have entered West Africa around 3000 BC from Chad. Some people actually argue from the Sudan.

I seem to recall reading that the Hausa people are Chadic. So they are not even originally from West Africa. I read a research paper once that indicated that their language is very closely related to the language spoken in Kemet. So they might have Egyptian roots, which would might why Black people that take genetic tests will have some random strain from Sudan in their DNA results. That seems to point to their origin being in the Sahel.
The Hausa speak a Chadic language which is Afro-Asiatic however the Hausa people are technically a Nilo-Saharan people like most Chadic speakers. Not Nilo-Saharan in the same sense of Dinka speakers or Nilotic people from Kenya and the Great lakes but Saharan people of Chad, Niger, Sudan, etc. Me and others have theories that Niger-Congo people split from Nilo-Saharan people from the Sahara. And yea I read Egyptian language is most similar to Chadic.

"Using primarily linguistic evidence, and taking into account recent archaeology at sites such as Hierakonpolis/Nekhen, as well as the symbolicmeaning of objects such as sceptres and headrests in Ancient Egyptian and contemporary African cultures, this paper traces the geographical location and movements of early peoples in and around the Nile Valley. It is possible from this overview of the data to conclude that the limited conceptual vocabulary shared by the ancestors of contemporary Chadic-speakers (therefore also contemporary Cushytic-speakers), contemporary Nilotic-speakers and Ancient Egyptian-speakers suggests that the earliest speakers of the Egyptian language could be located to the south of Upper Egypt or, earlier, in the Sahara. The marked grammatical and lexicographic affinities of Ancient Egyptian with Chadic are well-known, and consistent Nilotic cultural, religious and political patterns are detectable in the formation of the first Egyptian kingships. The question these data raise is the articulation between the languages and the cultural patterns of this pool of ancient African societies from which emerged Predynastic Egypt."
Book: Egypt in its African Context

However with the bolded I'd wait till more solid evidence comes out.

I don't know where the Igbo people are from, but some people speculate that they are semi-Bantu. I don't know how true it is, but the Bantu migration seems to started from their region near the Nigerian and Cameroon borders.
Igbo and Yoruba seem to share a common ancestor based on genetics. I doubt they are semi-Bantu.

Mande, Fulani, Serer, Wolof and Berbers are definitely Sahelian. Berbers are in North Africa as well, but their range is also clearly down into Sahel. All of those groups have very long history together. IMO the Akan, Ewe and Ga/Dagomba people histories are a little unclearer. Finally, genetic testing is really confusing the Hell out of people, because it is giving them some kind of phony modern State as an indicator of ethnicity rather than the actual ethnic groups that they belong too. Mande people for example extend all the way into Northern Nigeria just like the Fulani, but people are just getting Nigerian as a result and it is not clear if Nigerian is for those groups or for Yoruba, Igbo, etc. . . .

You mean Ancestry.com is confusing people and I agree.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I don't think it's a coastal West African thing per se. I do see a lot of Ghanaian women with radiant skin.
Compared to most regions I see coastal West Africans especially Ghanaians, Togolese, Beninese, Gambians, Liberieans and Sierra Leoneans with the most radiant Black skin especially that nice"Black on Black" skin undertone.