OG GMB Advice "Buy your house before you get married"

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The coli thinks women should walk away from a divorce with nothing. Even if she helped pay for half of everything.
Exactly. shyt is ridiculous. These dudes bytch about marriage and potential divorce the same way Fox News bytches about white people being in danger because there was a Black president SMH.

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
A house is your end game?

Our Black Kings y'all

Everybody wants patriarchy but don't nobody wanna be a patriarch brehs

:mybadfanny:

But hey, it's those gold-digging, bill paying-independent working women at fault here.

WhereIsTheLove

All Star
Daps
As a dude...you need to protect yourself...

If a bytch won't sign a prenup and a postnup and all types of shyt...you don't need to get married...

And I honestly would never let a bytch live with me....

Soon as that happens...you get common law marriage going on and the courts will take your shyt regardless....in some states....

Have your own house and let that bytch have her own house...if she can't afford a place to stay...you don't need her....
Be married and live in different houses brehs :dead:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
lol

So I can't get married...
and I can't even live with a woman who's company I enjoy.
Why are relationships with women so damn risky?...emotionally, financially, spiritually, you name it.
I have a hard time believing men are the ones who made these laws, but they are :snoop:. My question is why? Definitely some rich simps.

Men made the laws because men for some stupid reason thought women shouldn't work, get educated or live independent of men...Cac shyt...

Then these same men fell victim to these laws...and these women nowadays expect this shyt...

Until a man take advantage of it and ask for shyt...

Then women are like...

"You shouldn't be able to take money from your spouse..."

But you can't even get a bytch to pay for a first date...:mjlol:

:-)

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is a good idea for both men and women. My parents always told me that a man should have his own home, so should a woman, and have one together. I've always wanted my own property before becoming a wife. This makes sense to me. :ehh:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:jawalrus:

nah that cant be right. if you put the house in ur mother's name, i dont see how in the hell they can take it away from u. its ur mother's property and she's doing yall a favor by letting yall live in it...so no court can give it to your ex wife under any circumstance

because breh obviously didn't read the OP

BUY THE HOUSE BEFORE YOU GET MARRIED

a lot of people don't know this.... YOU CANNOT BE GIVEN ANYTHING THAT WAS OWNED PRIOR TO THE MARRIAGE, PRENUP OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if a person has 100 million dollars.... gets married with no prenup.... gets divorced after 99 years... THEY CANNOT TOUCH THE ORIGINAL 100 MILLION DOLLARS

you can only split what was made during the marriage. a prenup is an agreement about what will be split if shyt fukks up.. as in....

a person has 100 million dollars... gets married with no prenup... MAKES ANOTHER 500 MILLION DURING THE MARRIAGE.... gets divorced...

well now she can sue for her half of the 500 million.. IF she didn't sign something that says she can only get 20 million, regardless of what is made

that's why you sign a prenup.. because if you're making big money, she's going to be able to get half of everything you make DURING THE MARRIAGE... she doesn't get to swoop in and take what you had before you ever knew her

so again... buy the house BEFORE you get married, and she can't touch that shyt regardless... yes she will get half of the equity.. but she damn sure ain't getting the property and home

now of course with a piece of shyt judge and a shytty lawyer, you might lose out on this... but as long as you keep her money away from the house and your money invested in a good lawyer... you can beat that shyt

Understanding How Assets Get Divided In Divorce | The Huffington Post

However, before we go any further, we need to discuss the differences between Separate and Marital Property and why that’s critically important to you. In my experience, this is an area that is not well understood by most people.

States differ in some of the details, but generally speaking, Separate Property includes:

• Any property that was owned by either spouse prior to the marriage;

• An inheritance received by the husband or wife (either before or after the marriage);

• A gift received by the husband or wife from a third party (your mother gave you her diamond ring);

• Payment received for pain and suffering portion in a personal injury judgment

Warning: Separate property can lose its separate property status if you commingle it with marital property or vice versa. For example, if you re-title your separately owned condo by adding your husband as a co-owner or if you deposit the inheritance from your parents into a joint bank account with him, then that property will most likely now be considered marital property.

All other property that is acquired during the marriage is usually considered marital property regardless of which spouse owns the property or how the property is titled. Most people don’t understand this. I’ve had many clients tell me that they were not entitled to a specific asset, because it was titled in their husband’s name — such as his 401K. This is not true! This is worth repeating because it is that important. All property that is acquired during the marriage is usually considered marital property regardless of which spouse owns the property or how that property is titled.

Divorce and Dividing Assets - Lawyers.com

Separate property is property that's owned separately by one spouse. Separate property isn't usually divided in a divorce; Absent some unusual circumstances, like commingling (see below), it's awarded to the owner spouse.

Separate property includes:

• property that was acquired before the marriage, for example, a savings account that you opened and funded before you were married or a car that you purchased and paid off before the marriage
  • property that was inherited or was a gift to one spouse, even if the inheritance or gift happened during the marriage
  • businesses owned prior to the marriage (but if both spouses added to the value of the business during the marriage, through work or investments, there may be a community value to a separate business as well)
  • either spouse's pension proceeds that vested prior to marriage
  • personal gifts acquired by either spouse or given to one spouse by the other (depending on state law), and
  • property or income acquired after the date of separation or the date of the divorce (depending on state law).

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Don't disagree, but again many broads show signs. Cats need to not marry so quick. Live with a broad first minimum. See how she handles shyt. See their maturity. The signs are there.
Exactly. That is why I think couples before they get married to live together for a while to see how each other true self. Basically it would be a trial run.